Disc Golf Course Review API
API Display Requirements
These are required:
These are prohibited:
- Wherever you display information from the API, you'll also need to display our logo (see below) in a manner that's obvious to the casual user that the information originates from DGCourseReview.
- You always need to display our disc rating graphic and review counts.
- You will need to include a "read reviews" or similar link to the corresponding course profile page on DGCourseReview, as returned by the API.
- Depending on our evaluation of your mock-ups, we may also require you to include "powered by DGCourseReview" text.
- Contact us before you launch anything. We're happy to look at live beta sites, screenshots or ad-hoc apps to make sure they meet all of our terms and requirements.
Exceptions to prohibitions:
- Don't just recreate the functionality of DGCourseReview. If you're thinking about using our API to build a site where people review courses, we've got that covered already!
- Don't "nofollow" your links to DGCourseReview. Any link back to DGCourseReview or DGCourseReview mobile should be follow-able.
- Don't cache or otherwise store information from the API. The API is for real time user-driven requests with a few exceptions (see below)
- Don't aggregate our disc ratings and review counts with other providers.
- Don't alter our logo, graphics, or any of the other information from the API.
- Don't use information from the API for non-consumer purposes.
Additional Requirements for Mobile Uses:
- You may store hole information and certain course information (dgcr id, name, city, state and country) on a user's mobile device. It may not be stored in a central database.
- If you choose to store information on a user's device, you must offer the user an option to "refresh" the data from the site to make sure the information on the device is still current.
- Don't enable/allow users to generate rating content for courses similar to DGCourseReview content.
- You'll need to include a "read reviews" or similar link to the corresponding course page on DGCourseReview's mobile site, as returned by the API.
- Have clear DGCourseReview branding at the top of app/mobile pages where you're using and/or incorporating content from the API.
One of the following buttons must be used when fulfilling the DGCR Display Requirements detailed above. Link the image (and make sure it's a follow-able link) to http://www.dgcoursereview.com