Colorado Mountain College, Glenwood Scores
Tee(s):
volklgirl's Round
5/9/2010 4:30 PM 18 / 18
62°F / 17°C Cloudy Strong n/a 78
Quick Stats:  Aces: 0    D. Eagles: 0    Eagles: 0    Birdies: 0    Pars: 3    Bogies: 8    D. Bogies: 5    T. Bogies: 2    Discs Lost: 0
Round Notes: (+24)
5/7/2010 5:00 PM 18 / 18
45°F / 7°C Sunny Strong 907 58
Quick Stats:  Aces: 0    D. Eagles: 0    Eagles: 0    Birdies: 2    Pars: 11    Bogies: 4    D. Bogies: 1    T. Bogies: 0    Discs Lost: 0
Round Notes: Took Matt out for his first round ever (Jessie and Nick played as well). Unfortunately for him, a lot of the pins had been moved to the longs AND there was a pretty hearty wind on most of the open holes. 6 was especially difficult now being over the hill and extra long not to mention the added bonus of vegetation growing in making finding your disc extra difficult. Had an excellent round considering the difficulty of the course, especially putting which was easy the most consistent and impressive ever. They were going in with ease. Had a crazy ace run on 12 with a gorgeous turnover shot that was only stopped at the last minute when it nicked a pine 5 feet from the basket. (+4)
4/17/2010 12:30 PM 18 / 18
55°F / 13°C Sunny Calm 897 59
Quick Stats:  Aces: 0    D. Eagles: 0    Eagles: 0    Birdies: 1    Pars: 11    Bogies: 6    D. Bogies: 0    T. Bogies: 0    Discs Lost: 0
Round Notes: Got in a "lethargic" round after an "energetic" night at Paul's last night. Nick and Zil joined Jessie and I on a day that threatened rain but never brought it. Some of the pins were moved from the shorts to accommodate the Peaks and Valleys tourney that was going on so the course definitely played harder than it has all year. Managed to park my tee shot at the long, tight position at hole 5 and make the deuce for my first ever at that pin position. Ankle is still acting up a bit too which didn't help a lot. (+5)
4/12/2010 12:00 PM 18 / 18
60°F / 16°C Sunny Moderate 929 56
Quick Stats:  Aces: 0    D. Eagles: 0    Eagles: 0    Birdies: 3    Pars: 11    Bogies: 3    D. Bogies: 1    T. Bogies: 0    Discs Lost: 0
Round Notes: Started the round off right with a horribly sprained ankle while looking for a disc on hole 1. Finished the round in some decent pain but still managed a good one. It was great to get out with Ben and Matt while they were in town. It was Matt's first ever round and, even though he struggled at times, he still made some impressive shots and had a great time. Could have done without that 5 on 18 but I'll blame it on the fact that I could barely stand at the time. (+2)
4/10/2010 2:30 PM 18 / 18
55°F / 13°C Sunny Moderate 918 57
Quick Stats:  Aces: 0    D. Eagles: 0    Eagles: 0    Birdies: 2    Pars: 11    Bogies: 5    D. Bogies: 0    T. Bogies: 0    Discs Lost: 0
Round Notes: Little bit of a letdown after the earlier round at Fire Mountain. Started off alright but I eventually lost my energy, followed by concentration, followed by head. Had plenty of opportunities for birdies and pars that were shanked. Can't be really satisfied with the low score since the pins are all still in the winter shorts. I'll make up for it with the guys tomorrow. (+3)
3/25/2010 5:30 PM 18 / 18
45°F / 7°C Cloudy Calm 950 54
Quick Stats:  Aces: 0    D. Eagles: 0    Eagles: 0    Birdies: 2    Pars: 14    Bogies: 2    D. Bogies: 0    T. Bogies: 0    Discs Lost: 0
Round Notes: Headed to Glenwood with Nick before dinner with Paul, Amy and Amanda and then hitting up the hot springs with the girls. It is important to note that EVERY SINGLE BASKET was in the short A position for this round. There was still snow on the course and it was very muddy but it didn't really affect play much. Could have played better with the easy layout but can't be disappointed with an even round in Glenwood. (Even)
10/17/2009 3:00 PM 18 / 18
70°F / 21°C Sunny Moderate 844 64
Quick Stats:  Aces: 0    D. Eagles: 0    Eagles: 0    Birdies: 1    Pars: 8    Bogies: 7    D. Bogies: 2    T. Bogies: 0    Discs Lost: 0
Round Notes: Kind of a depressing day. Neither Jessie or I felt very good on the way there and it didn't get better on course. I started strong but made a lot of mistakes on the back nine. The weather was amazing save for the wind. It was especially painful to have a bad round since many of the holes were in the shorts and I couldn't capitalize. Only on 14 did I ring up a bird, but that was by accident. I though it was still in the mega long but it was actually shorter. My tee shot landed within 10 feet and I didn't know it until I was on top of my disc. I'll take it though. (+10)
8/18/2009 6:00 PM 18 / 18
80°F / 27°C Sunny None 865 62
Quick Stats:  Aces: 0    D. Eagles: 0    Eagles: 0    Birdies: 2    Pars: 8    Bogies: 6    D. Bogies: 2    T. Bogies: 0    Discs Lost: 0
Round Notes: This may be the best round of disc golf I have played to date. This course usually crushes me, especially with the pins in some difficult positions this year. 6 was in its short position today but all the other were unchanged from earlier this year. Drives were solid, approaches were precise and putting was spectacular. Practice is definitely paying off and this course is a great measuring stick for determining it. I may have had better scores on other courses but improving by so much (7 strokes!) at CMC is really saying something. (+8)
klay sr.'s Round
8/18/2009 12:00 PM 18 / 18
80°F / 27°C Sunny Calm 675 80
Quick Stats:  Aces: 0    D. Eagles: 0    Eagles: 0    Birdies: 0    Pars: 2    Bogies: 8    D. Bogies: 6    T. Bogies: 2    Discs Lost: 0
Round Notes: Dayna and I climbed to Hanger Lake today, another of Colorado's beautiful places. After that, with the CMC course so close by, Steve and Jessie headed over from Edwards after work and we played a round. Of the courses I've played in CO so far, this was my favorite. It was challenging with trees and changes in elevation but not so ridiculous to seem impossible to reach the basket. The more arid landscape and somewhat open Pinon tree studded landscape made the course unique to me. Once again, for a Midwesterner, the scenery is spectacular, beautiful mountainous backdrops at every turn! I didn't have a great round but felt like I enjoyed myself a lot! This is a course that I will definitely return to! (+26)
7/15/2009 4:30 PM 18 / 18
85°F / 29°C Sunny None 738 74
Quick Stats:  Aces: 0    D. Eagles: 0    Eagles: 0    Birdies: 0    Pars: 4    Bogies: 8    D. Bogies: 6    T. Bogies: 0    Discs Lost: 0
Round Notes: Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad. What a weird day. It was hot, sunny and no wind, it should have been perfect. And it started that way. I drove over the crater for the first time, I parked my tee shot on 5 without hitting lumber, I was making long putts, and then it all fell apart on the back 9. Terrible drives, poor approaches, lumberjacking through the woods, doinking putts off of the basket. Ugly. We met up with a couple who didn't know the course when we got to 6. They were nice and I offered to guide them the rest of the way. They had an annoying dog though that they had to constantly yell at which was distracting. I also lost my focus trying to explain tee positions and shot selection to him. Plus we were in a hurry to finish the round to we could meet Paul, Amy and Nick at the Dirty Dozen Brass Band concert downtown. Definitely a forgettable round. The concert, beer and hacking were awesome though. Had a great time in the beautiful weather in Glenwood. (+20)