Disc Golf Course Review FAQ
DGCR SSE stands for Scratch Scoring Estimate. This is what DGCourseReview estimates a scratch player (PDGA Player Rating of 1000) is estimated to typically score on this course (as it is currently set up in DGCR). For those unfamiliar with round ratings, another way of putting it is it's our guess as to what a pro might score on that course.
The SSE is calculated using course data from DGCR only. It calculates the SSE by assuming that a scratch player will throw on average 355' on lightly wooded holes, 285' on moderately wooded holes, and 255' on heavily wooded holes. It also assumes that it takes an average 1-2/3 throws to finish up the hole (putts and short range approaches).
There are so many varied configurations of individual holes and courses that it is impossible to have a simple method that is consistently accurate. That's why SSE is an estimate. While some courses are several strokes off, it is amazing how closely these SSEs match the PDGA's SSAs (Averages) that are calculated based on actual players' scores (who have known Player Ratings).
Report this Question
- How do I edit or update my review?
- I signed up on the site but I can't login to it. Help!
- How do I add a course?
- I just logged in on the forums but I'm not logged in on the main site, what gives?
- How can I replace a file or picture?
- Why can't I update the course/hole info for a course?
- How do I become a Trusted Reviewer on DGCR?
- How do I remove a course from my played/favorite/wish list?
- How do I add photos/pictures to a course?
- How do I update course information?