- Help / FAQ
- Contact Us
MARKETPLACE GUIDELINES & SLEEPY SCALE *UPDATED 2/17/2016
DISCLAIMER & TIPS
1) DGCR and its staff are not responsible for ANY transactions that take place here. If you don't get the item you paid for, that is your problem. If somebody does not pay you money they owe you, that is your problem. You are using this forum at your own risk.
2) Related to #1, there is NO way for DGCR or its staff to determine if PERSON A or PERSON B was ripped off during a sale between the two. It's simply one person's word against another's, so we are unable to conclusively determine who's lying. As a result, do NOT complain to the mods about somebody ripping you off because we have no way to figure out if you or the other person are telling the truth.
3) If you want to ensure a safe transaction, *DO NOT GIFT PAYPAL PAYMENTS*. You have absolutely no recourse if you choose to pay a seller by gifting. For higher dollar amount transactions you can also use http://www.escrow.com/, a site which makes sure both buyer and seller are protected.
4) Check feedback BEFORE agreeing to a purchase or sale with anyone. If you see a lot of negative feedback for a member, use caution and take payment first if you're selling or pay WITHOUT GIFTING the paypal payment if you're buying.
1) ALL Sale/Deal threads MUST have prices or what you would like to get for the item(s) you have listed in the original post. If you do not do this, your thread may be deleted without notice. You can price a disc and say "or best offer" but don't be stupid and put "$1000 or best offer". Along the same lines, all trade threads should be created for the sole purpose of trading only, sale threads for selling only, Deal threads if you're looking for a trade or sale.
2) You may create an Offer thread to list items that you'd like to sell without stating a price. When you get an offer for an item, you must make that offer public. Once an offer has been accepted, either remove the item or clearly list it as sold.
3) No excessive bumping (ie. more than once a day)
4) Do NOT advertise your buy/sell/trade thread on someone else's thread.
5) Do NOT post negative/critical comments regarding price, the item being sold, etc. Related to that, don't post places where you can find the item cheaper. If you think something is too expensive, stupid, etc. feel free to PM the OP or potential buyers and they can decide what to do for themselves.
6) No eBay links/auction listings.
7) Please keep general chit-chat to a minimum in the threads. If the discussion stays on topic, and it's between a potential buyer and seller, that's fine. If it begins to spin into a "Wow, I like that too!" or "That disc sucks, because xxxx" take it to another forum/PM/email/somewhere else.
8) No selling of porn.
9) NO ILLEGAL ITEMS MAY BE SOLD! This includes weapons, drugs, and various other obviously illegal stuff.
10) DO NOT post threads about other members in this forum. This forum is for threads where you are buying, selling or trading ONLY.
11) This forum is for buying/selling/trading with other members. It is not a place to tell everyone about a deal on another site.
12) This is a non-commercial marketplace for DGCR members. If you are a shop, online store, etc. then please contact us about advertising on DGCR or becoming a DGCR Vendor.
13) A maximum of 3 active threads per seller are allowed at any given time. If you have more than 3 threads, they may be closed at the discretion of a moderator.
Disc Condition Scale aka "The Sleepy Scale"
10 - Never thrown, no ink, brand new condition
9 - Field tested or used for one or two rounds
8 - Lightly used with very minimal wear
7 - Used with some minor dings or scuffs but still in good shape
6 - Typical used disc with the usual dings, scratches but still worthy
5 - Kinda beat, significant wear, has lost a good bit of it's stability
4 - Beat up turnover disc with some evident war story wear
3 or under - Beat to Hades dog chew toy