- Help / FAQ
- Contact Us
MARKETPLACE GUIDELINES & SLEEPY SCALE *UPDATED 4/28/2015
DISCLAIMER & TIPS
1) DGCR and its staff are not responsible for ANY transactions that take place here. If you don't get the item you paid for, that is your problem. If somebody does not pay you money they owe you, that is your problem. You are using this forum at your own risk.
2) Related to #1, there is NO way for DGCR or its staff to determine if PERSON A or PERSON B was ripped off during a sale between the two. It's simply one person's word against another's, so we are unable to conclusively determine who's lying. As a result, do NOT complain to the mods about somebody ripping you off because we have no way to figure out if you or the other person are telling the truth.
3) If you want to ensure a safe transaction, *DO NOT GIFT PAYPAL PAYMENTS*. You have absolutely no recourse if you choose to pay a seller by gifting. For higher dollar amount transactions you can also use http://www.escrow.com/, a site which makes sure both buyer and seller are protected.
4) Check feedback BEFORE agreeing to a purchase or sale with anyone. If you see a lot of negative feedback for a member, use caution and take payment first if you're selling or pay WITHOUT GIFTING the paypal payment if you're buying.
1) No "Feeler" threads or Raffles. ALL Sale/Deal threads MUST have prices or what you would like to get for the item(s) you have listed in the original post. If you do not do this, your thread may be deleted without notice. You can price a disc and say "or best offer" but don't be stupid and put "$1000 or best offer". Along the same lines, all trade threads should be created for the sole purpose of trading only, sale threads for selling only, Deal threads if you're looking for a trade or sale.
2) No excessive bumping (ie. more than once a day)
3) Do NOT advertise your buy/sell/trade thread on someone else's thread.
4) Do NOT post negative/critical comments regarding price, the item being sold, etc. Related to that, don't post places where you can find the item cheaper. If you think something is too expensive, stupid, etc. feel free to PM the OP or potential buyers and they can decide what to do for themselves.
5) No eBay links/auction listings.
6) Please keep general chit-chat to a minimum in the threads. If the discussion stays on topic, and it's between a potential buyer and seller, that's fine. If it begins to spin into a "Wow, I like that too!" or "That disc sucks, because xxxx" take it to another forum/PM/email/somewhere else.
7) This shouldn't even have to be said, but there is to be no selling of firearms, drug paraphernalia or anything illegal.
8) No selling of porn.
9) NO ILLEGAL ITEMS MAY BE SOLD! This includes weapons, drugs, and various other obviously illegal stuff.
10) DO NOT post threads about other members in this forum. This forum is for threads where you are buying, selling or trading ONLY.
11) This forum is for buying/selling/trading with other members. It is not a place to tell everyone about a deal on another site.
12) You may now hold auctions and bid on items. The bidding process should start with the person posting what they have to sell, when the bidding date will end, followed by a minimum bidding amount. If the minimum bid price is not met, then the item will not sell. Individuals interested in bidding for the item should reply with the price they are willing to pay for the item. If, upon closing of the auction, the top bidder fails to pay, the item may be sold to the next bidder or may be canceled entirely. DO NOT POST IN AN AUCTION UNLESS YOU ARE ASKING ABOUT THE ITEM OR BIDDING! Offtopic replies in an auction could result in an infraction since the purpose of an auction is to sell an item, not turn into an offtopic conversation. If you are not interested in buying the item, do not post.
13) This is a non-commercial marketplace for DGCR members. If you are a shop, online store, etc. then please contact us about advertising on DGCR or becoming a DGCR Vendor.
14) A maximum of 3 active threads per seller are allowed at any given time. If you have more than 3 threads, they may be closed at the discretion of a moderator.
Disc Condition Scale aka "The Sleepy Scale"
10 - Never thrown, no ink, brand new condition
9 - Field tested or used for one or two rounds
8 - Lightly used with very minimal wear
7 - Used with some minor dings or scuffs but still in good shape
6 - Typical used disc with the usual dings, scratches but still worthy
5 - Kinda beat, significant wear, has lost a good bit of it's stability
4 - Beat up turnover disc with some evident war story wear
3 or under - Beat to Hades dog chew toy