PDA

View Full Version : power balance bracelet

tylersheehy
03-01-2011, 11:30 PM
i got a Power Balance bracelet and i went and played. i usually average 4 to 5 under par on my course. i played 3 rounds and i was 6, 8 and 8 under par. i dont think that this is really charged with ions or whatever bull**** their trying to feed us but i do believe it tricks your mind into saying "what if this really is charged, maybe it will help" and it helps you subconsciously. i suggest you get one, their 30 bucks but if i keep having scores like that...SO WORTH IT, but you never know, i could have just had a good day. IF someone else has one of these and plays with it, let me know how it works for you.

dgdave
03-01-2011, 11:33 PM
They totally work with me and my body.

Easy Tigur
03-01-2011, 11:34 PM
They're all a sham. I met an employee of a balance bracelet company who admitted they don't work whatsoever. And the tests they show of them are also fake.

jimbosprint
Power Balance even admitted it was a scam. Yet they still sell. And their name is going on an arena. :rolleyes:

prerube
They have been proven not to work and this same thread has already had it's downward spiral

tylersheehy
They totally work with me and my body.

are you being serious or sarcastic?

tylersheehy
03-01-2011, 11:37 PM
yes i know their fake and i know the tricks to the test, first time you pull their arm away so they fall and when they have the bracelet you push their arm towards them and they dont fall...magic!!! even though their stickers i think the mental factor works for me and it "tricks" my mind into thinking its helping me

Easy Tigur
03-01-2011, 11:38 PM
You admit they don't do anything and you still swear by their magic?

Wow.

kcplease
03-01-2011, 11:41 PM
all mental. think you are better, then you will be.

prerube
03-01-2011, 11:41 PM
yes i know their fake and i know the tricks to the test, first time you pull their arm away so they fall and when they have the bracelet you push their arm towards them and they dont fall...magic!!! even though their stickers i think the mental factor works for me and it "tricks" my mind into thinking its helping me

I have a clear potion that if you drink it you will not get dehydrated and your average drive will increase by 33 feet.

F the power bracelet (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22604)

tylersheehy
03-01-2011, 11:52 PM
You admit they don't do anything and you still swear by their magic?

Wow.

1. i admit they dont do anything PHYSICALLY and 2. i never swore by them. i said it worked for me THE FIRST TIME, THE FIRST DAY! im going to play more and see how my scores are.

yawpstang64
03-01-2011, 11:57 PM
I'll save you $30 and get you the same results:

rubber band

surgeflx87
03-02-2011, 12:02 AM
Wow, this is a joke. Talk about the placebo effect.

UTTERBACK
03-02-2011, 12:07 AM
I wear one at all times. I know people who wear them because it helps them sleep better so that's part of the reason why I wear mine.

Jukeshoe
03-02-2011, 12:07 AM
Why Power Bracelet's Really Work an Essay by Lil' Juke

Why do Power Bracelet's really work? I'll tell you why. It's because they're magic. A lot of people don't believe in the magic and will try to tell you about some sort of "placenta" effect, but they're dirty rotten liars. Their breath stinks too. You can't trust people with smelly breath; however, you can trust people with Power Bracelets because they're full of magic and if there is one thing you can depend on it's a little good ol' fashioned magic. Also, it's like a rad piece of jewelery. In conclusion, buy my Power Bracelet and you too can be Magical Forever.

The End.

C-

barneco
03-02-2011, 12:10 AM
you know, if you wear 2, it's twice as effective and only costs $60

opizzao
03-02-2011, 12:10 AM
Why do Power Bracelet's really work? ... It's because they're magic. ... little good ol' fashioned magic... you too can be Magical Forever.

I like magics. See my avatar for proof. :thmbup:

Nuke
03-02-2011, 12:13 AM
Wow, this is a joke. Talk about the placebo effect.

Is it a joke or placebo effect? You know the placebo effect isn't a joke right? You know that placebo has been shown to be as effective, or more effective, on 80% of clinical depressed patients as Zoloft? My point is, what's more important than results? With these kinds of things, phiten necklaces, power balance bracelets, etc. The only thing worse than the people who place belief in them are the people who think they are somehow special for realizing that they are hogwash. Everyone knows they don't do anything, you aren't breaking ground or news by proclaiming that.

It's really nothing to get worked up about in either direction. I mean, are they any more or less legit than a pre-shot routine? A mantra? Lucky socks?

prerube
03-02-2011, 12:19 AM
depends on the pre-shot routine if it involves something form related than yes.
Lucky socks can protect you from thorns a bracelet can't, but it can get hung on a fence when you are jumping over.

Point taken and debated for no reason :p

barneco
03-02-2011, 12:20 AM
I mean, are they any more or less legit than a pre-shot routine? A mantra? Lucky socks?

$30 gets me 2 pairs of lucky smartwools. pre-shot routine = free.

if they cost $.50, THEN it's no biggie...but $30? cmon, that deserves at least a LITTLE ridicule, no?

scarpfish
03-02-2011, 12:30 AM
This thread reminds me of a discussion I had once on why strippers get breast augmentation.
:\

We're capable of doing incredible things when our mind lets us. If we gotta attribute our achievements to some device, well, hey whatever works. If we gotta spend money on that device, well, that's some ingenious capitalist taking our money.

Speaking of which, I have discovered these magical pills that are assured to sharpen your short game. Only $1.00/pill but they're totally worth it. Just let me run out and get a bunch of Pez and I'll take some orders.
;)

discordye
03-02-2011, 12:32 AM
Placebo! Just like adhd meds! Power to the people.

elevated plastic
03-02-2011, 12:40 AM
no response

jeffmonty
03-02-2011, 01:08 AM
Dude, I think you would be better off just going out and spending your 30 bucks on some lucky plastic.

The dude on the bike
03-02-2011, 01:11 AM
It's all about being smart enough to realize that you are in fact dumb:) Wheeeeeeeeee!

Huk Finn
03-02-2011, 01:17 AM
Here's the deal guys...

Let's say it's fake... I bought one at Sport Chalet anyways. I got my first PDGA tourney ace shortly after. A month later I got my 2nd PDGA tourney ace, both while wearing the Phiten bracelet. Placebo? Sure why not. But my 20 bucks for those 2 aces was well worth it! ;)

gianetics
03-02-2011, 02:29 AM
hey you want to buy some magic ankle brackets. They align your body natural magnetic flow with that of our mother earth. im only charging two easy payments of 59.99 ill even throw in a sham-wow. and if you call right now ill cut the payments in half!

discordye
03-02-2011, 04:26 AM
And a samurai steak knife! It slices, it dices! Look at that tomato! You could even cut a tin can with it! But you wouldn't want to!

TxDiscGolfBoy
03-02-2011, 05:25 AM
hey you want to buy some magic ankle brackets. They align your body natural magnetic flow with that of our mother earth. im only charging two easy payments of 59.99 ill even throw in a sham-wow. and if you call right now ill cut the payments in half!

throw in a sham wow LMAO!!! (maybe I've been working this shift to long) too funny. Sounds like a "scam-wow"

JSurmann
03-02-2011, 07:35 AM
http://www.lonestardivas.com/images/magic_sock_head_2.jpg

Spatula Cornroll
03-02-2011, 07:45 AM
Placebo-bracelet.

burt5885
03-02-2011, 08:51 AM
i think you can get them for 15 online. And mine turned black in the middle when i got it wet i was pissed.

cyberspace wrangler
03-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Disc golf is a metal game. The bracelet is nothing more than voodoo. If you believe it works than it works. If something is advertised as to good to be true than its usually bunk. I have some magic dust that I use for each round. I also take all of my discs to a witch doctor before each round. http://http://reason.com/blog/2010/09/15/politico-in-a-world-without-ci

jasonc
03-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Why Power Bracelet's Really Work an Essay by Lil' Juke

Why do Power Bracelet's really work? I'll tell you why. It's because they're magic. A lot of people don't believe in the magic and will try to tell you about some sort of "placenta" effect, but they're dirty rotten liars. Their breath stinks too. You can't trust people with smelly breath; however, you can trust people with Power Bracelets because they're full of magic and if there is one thing you can depend on it's a little good ol' fashioned magic. Also, it's like a rad piece of jewelery. In conclusion, buy my Power Bracelet and you too can be Magical Forever.

The End.

C-
Sold! I want 8! Where can I send my money???

prerube
03-02-2011, 10:26 AM
Just get a livestrong bracelet. you are helping a cause and it will give you good karma. Those that believe in the power bracelet have to believe in karma.

surgeflx87
03-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Placebo-bracelet.

Exactly. This is what it should be called. It may work because of that. But in reality, it does not give you perfect form and balance. It just gives you piece of mind im thinking your games improving because of it.

Technohic
03-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Disc golf is a metal game. The bracelet is nothing more than voodoo. If you believe it works than it works. If something is advertised as to good to be true than its usually bunk. I have some magic dust that I use for each round. I also take all of my discs to a witch doctor before each round. http://http://reason.com/blog/2010/09/15/politico-in-a-world-without-ci

Hmmm I wonder if these guys are good at disc golf.

http://www.100xr.com/100_XR/Artists/P/Pantera/Pantera-band-1988.jpg

Apoth
03-02-2011, 10:53 AM
My "Placebo Band" has taken off 300 strokes from my game. You should all get one.

http://skepticbros.com/store/

slowRoll
03-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Dude, I think you would be better off just going out and spending your 30 bucks on some lucky plastic.

There are no magic bracelets and there are no magic discs. Go practice your putting if you want to improve your score.

Technohic
03-02-2011, 11:45 AM
There are no magic bracelets and there are no magic discs. Go practice your putting if you want to improve your score.

There is a Magic disc.

http://www.discoutfitters.com/product_images/q/023/gw_s_magic_wht.gld_front__97186_zoom.jpg

IDreamNFrisbee
03-02-2011, 11:48 AM
My "Placebo Band" has taken off 300 strokes from my game. You should all get one.

http://skepticbros.com/store/

Thats awesome! Just watched the video where they used them on people at the bar further proving the placebo! haha, the owner proves how you can turn a $2 band into a $50 one. awesome

Nuke
03-02-2011, 11:52 AM
$30 gets me 2 pairs of lucky smartwools. pre-shot routine = free.

if they cost $.50, THEN it's no biggie...but $30? cmon, that deserves at least a LITTLE ridicule, no?

I guess it depends. If someone pays 30 bones on a bracelet hoping it helps and it does nothing or even worse, then sure, they're due for some ridicule. But if I told you that I could snap my fingers and you'd drop on average 4 strokes a round immediately, which may improve, and it'll cost you $30. Would you pay that? I'd say probably. I'd venture to guess you've probably spent a lot more on plastic than you should have, haven't we all on this site? My point is, I don't think you should write something off simply because it has a placebo effect, and that $30 for something that helps you focus, concentrate and gives you increased confidence isn't really all that insane, if in fact it does those things for you. If you pay it magically thinking it'll help and it does nothing, then yeah, that sucks.

Triflusal
03-02-2011, 12:18 PM
http://www.powerbalance.com/australia/CA

I'm gonna post this and someone lock it cause we have been through this before

Nuke
03-02-2011, 12:44 PM
I don't get it. You point out something that was mentioned in the first post and the thread is somehow done? I find the discussion about placebo and using things to improve your game, that don't directly affect anything physically, pretty interesting.

billnchristy
03-02-2011, 01:28 PM
stroke envy

vonDrehle
03-02-2011, 01:34 PM
I got one of these in my stalking for Christmas. All it did was cut off the circulation to my hand. If you want something that really will help your score I would recommend a sweatband on your throwing hand during the summer. If nothing else it helps me not worry about my sweaty hand being a big problem.

bwiese
03-02-2011, 02:23 PM
the new adult silly bands.....

jasonc
03-02-2011, 02:32 PM
I got one of these in my stalking for Christmas.

If you live in this guy's area, keep your doors locked during the holiday season! :|

vonDrehle
03-02-2011, 02:33 PM
If you live in this guy's area, keep your doors locked during the holiday season! :|

What you don't go from house to house cherry picking what you want?

jasonc
03-02-2011, 02:36 PM
What you don't go from house to house cherry picking what you want?

No, there are plenty of kids that handle the petty theft around these parts.

surgeflx87
03-02-2011, 04:03 PM
I guess it depends. If someone pays 30 bones on a bracelet hoping it helps and it does nothing or even worse, then sure, they're due for some ridicule. But if I told you that I could snap my fingers and you'd drop on average 4 strokes a round immediately, which may improve, and it'll cost you $30. Would you pay that? I'd say probably. I'd venture to guess you've probably spent a lot more on plastic than you should have, haven't we all on this site? My point is, I don't think you should write something off simply because it has a placebo effect, and that $30 for something that helps you focus, concentrate and gives you increased confidence isn't really all that insane, if in fact it does those things for you. If you pay it magically thinking it'll help and it does nothing, then yeah, that sucks.

Well you could tell me, but I already know its a placebo so it wont work. Because I don't believe it. Are we not allowed to have our own opinions on a product? I think we should be. You sound like a sales rep the way you're praising this waste of money bracelet.

jubuttib
03-02-2011, 05:20 PM
How on earth does a ring of silicone with two holographic stickers on it get a thread six pages long?

Jukeshoe
03-02-2011, 05:47 PM
How on earth does a ring of silicone with two holographic stickers on it get a thread six pages long?

People are fools and/or want to shout down fools? :p ;)

Nuke
03-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Well you could tell me, but I already know its a placebo so it wont work. Because I don't believe it. Are we not allowed to have our own opinions on a product? I think we should be. You sound like a sales rep the way you're praising this waste of money bracelet.

I'm not saying anything on anyones opinion on a product, you're missing my point. I'm saying that if I could snap my fingers and it did shave strokes off your game, you'd gladly pay me $30 for that. That's what this bracelet did for this guy, so why's he an idiot? The product isn't in question here for me, it's a 2 cent piece of silicone. The problem I have is the people who get aggro and insulting because someone is into it. People search high and low for something that will give them an improvement. If someone finds it in a power balance bracelet or a phiten necklace, then why should they be ridiculed? It comes off like jealousy and cynicism and nothing else. Everyone just seems jealous that this dude found a way to shave 3 strokes off his average round and is throwing around insults as a way to cope. Like you say, we are all allowed to have our opinions on the product, and for that matter, on the people who use it. I just happen to think that if your opinion is "It's a piece of crap and anyone who believes it and wastes $30 on it is an idiot", you're just being a jerk. But that's just my opinion.

Jukeshoe
03-02-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm not saying anything on anyones opinion on a product, you're missing my point. I'm saying that if I could snap my fingers and it did shave strokes off your game, you'd gladly pay me $30 for that. That's what this bracelet did for this guy, so why's he an idiot? The product isn't in question here for me, it's a 2 cent piece of silicone. The problem I have is the people who get aggro and insulting because someone is into it. People search high and low for something that will give them an improvement. If someone finds it in a power balance bracelet or a phiten necklace, then why should they be ridiculed? It comes off like jealousy and cynicism and nothing else. Everyone just seems jealous that this dude found a way to shave 3 strokes off his average round and is throwing around insults as a way to cope. Like you say, we are all allowed to have our opinions on the product, and for that matter, on the people who use it. I just happen to think that if your opinion is "It's a piece of crap and anyone who believes it and wastes $30 on it is an idiot", you're just being a jerk. But that's just my opinion.

:rolleyes:

vonDrehle
03-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Just curious how do yall feel about those magnetic bracelets a lot of ball golfers wear? They seem to have science behind those though I've never done any research about them.

Jukeshoe
03-02-2011, 06:15 PM
I think all of this stuff is a bunch of hogwash. Save the $30 or whatever, believe in YOURSELF, and reap the same results.

Mind power. Get some. :|

LoPan12
03-02-2011, 06:17 PM
I squeeze one off before a round. Takes 5 strokes off my game, because of the voodoo ceremony I use the...magic juice in. or because my arm is warmed up! And its free!

agent_peebody
03-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Mind power. Get some. :|

where? how much per gram?

Jukeshoe
03-02-2011, 06:22 PM
where? how much per gram?

PM Sent. :|

Nuke
03-02-2011, 10:09 PM
I squeeze one off before a round.

Where? How much per gram?

Phil_Ludvik
03-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Hmmm I wonder if these guys are good at disc golf.

http://www.100xr.com/100_XR/Artists/P/Pantera/Pantera-band-1988.jpg

is that pantera? :|

jasonc
03-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Just curious how do yall feel about those magnetic bracelets a lot of ball golfers wear? They seem to have science behind those though I've never done any research about them.

It's pretty much the same thing. Most of the stick golf products similar to the power balance bracelet use titanium.

If you've got money to burn, give it a shot. Check out this one...http://www.acemagnetics.com/arthritis-bracelet.html

cfair
03-03-2011, 07:59 PM
I've got a rock from a Malaysian River that is said to increase to body of anyone who carries it. It costs $60+shipping if you want it. And I swear it works better than "Power Balance".

Triflusal
03-03-2011, 08:01 PM
PM sent

Jukeshoe
03-03-2011, 08:01 PM
is that pantera? :|

Oh man, it totally is! :eek:

surgeflx87
03-03-2011, 08:33 PM
I've got a rock from a Malaysian River that is said to increase to body of anyone who carries it. It costs $60+shipping if you want it. And I swear it works better than "Power Balance".

Sold, im.going to need ten of them.please. I want to start shooting an additional 4 under everytime I play and park 600 foot holes with thumbers.

jenb
03-03-2011, 09:05 PM
I think Power Balance should start licensing companies to make discs.

I can see it now: a 165 DX Placebo

rusch_bag
03-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Just go get a livestrong type bracelet for 2 dollars and pretend you spent 30 on a power bracelet. It will do the same ****.

MikePinchico
03-03-2011, 11:20 PM
Please tell me this is a joke. Some days you just play better than others. Don't waste your money.

yawpstang64
03-04-2011, 12:05 AM
If Kate Middleton can spend her hard earned 18.89 on one of these magical holograms, then I too will put my faith in an awesome rainbowy shiney sticker and some not-yet-proven-cancerous silicone.

... also, for unknown reasons, the following was in a related article and I thought we could apply the science to dg:
Have you heard the one about the bracelet with holograms that can improve your strength and flexibility, or help you lose weight? Did you know that sperm was highly nutritious and something to be reabsorbed into the body, particularly before a fight? Article (http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/dec/29/celebrity-endorsements-trashed-annual-list)

The dude on the bike
03-04-2011, 12:13 AM
Avery wears one, I dare you to tell him it doesn't work.

agent_peebody
03-04-2011, 12:14 AM
you guys are wearing them wrong. they go on your weenie.

surgeflx87
03-04-2011, 12:23 AM
^ man I know. It gives you stamina like a bull. I think your supposed to go to the doctor if it lasts more than four hours right? Damn, ill be back in a bit guys.

agent_peebody
03-04-2011, 12:38 AM
"four to six"

you've got time. ;)

Huk Finn
03-04-2011, 03:33 AM
My only 2 PDGA aces I had it on. Coincidence? Sure.

One was a thumber! That had to be the bracelet. :)

kirvin2
03-04-2011, 07:48 AM
I wore one of these bracelets and my arm fell off.

Triflusal
03-04-2011, 11:45 AM

hey man you never pmed me back

i want

surgeflx87
03-04-2011, 11:59 AM
I can't believe this thread hasn't hit the landfill yet.

billnchristy
03-04-2011, 12:03 PM
If Kate Middleton can spend her hard earned 18.89 on one of these magical holograms, then I too will put my faith in an awesome rainbowy shiney sticker and some not-yet-proven-cancerous silicone.

... also, for unknown reasons, the following was in a related article and I thought we could apply the science to dg:
Article (http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/dec/29/celebrity-endorsements-trashed-annual-list)

How did nobody respond to the sperm reabsorption?

I'm sure you could apply that to the science of dg...though I suppose Loki would be beating Climo if it were true. :\

*that should help the LF cause*

Brall
03-04-2011, 12:17 PM
i'll sometimes cast a strength spell on myself before a tournament giving me +1 or even +2 to my strength.

i have on occasion used a levitation spell on my disc for wide open areas for a bit of glide and my ring of courage is all i need for the mental aspect of the game.

cantrips are also helpful for distracting players during putting.

but i don't use that bracelet, it's fake.

billnchristy
03-04-2011, 12:27 PM
I once cast what I thought was a levitation spell and milk started pouring out of my boobs.

Damn reading comprehension, that was a LACTATION spell!!

Dudelsacker
03-04-2011, 12:27 PM
It's all about being smart enough to realize that you are in fact dumb:) Wheeeeeeeeee!

haha try to wrap your mind around that one

notapro
03-15-2011, 05:30 PM
Is this good enough for the "believers" out there???

Power Balance Maker Admits Bands Are Worthless (http://news.discovery.com/human/power-balance-maker-admits-bands-are-worthless.html)

Jukeshoe
03-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Is this good enough for the "believers" out there???

Power Balance Maker Admits Bands Are Worthless (http://news.discovery.com/human/power-balance-maker-admits-bands-are-worthless.html)

As a true believer in the power of Power Balance Bands, I find myself skeptical about the above information. :| :| :| :|

notapro
03-15-2011, 06:09 PM
We admit that there is no credible scientific evidence that supports our claims and therefore we engaged in misleading conduct in breach of s52 of the Trade Practices Act 1974.

But, if you absolutely insist, we will still sell you one of these amazing bracelets!

Jukeshoe
03-15-2011, 06:21 PM
But, if you absolutely insist, we will still sell you one of these amazing bracelets!

http://www.hatersgoingtohate.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/haters-gonna-hate-fat-american.jpg

billnchristy
03-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Good lord is that woman smuggling an elephant dong?

Jukeshoe
03-15-2011, 07:06 PM
Good lord is that woman smuggling an elephant dong?

That's, uh, a "Power Band." :|

barneco
03-15-2011, 10:56 PM
bronto-toe

chiroflyer
03-15-2011, 10:59 PM
One could snuggle right up into those folds and be nice and cozy all winter. She may not even know you're there.