PDA

View Full Version : What is your most hated disc?

ChampionKirby
06-29-2011, 01:48 AM
There has to be one disc that you just can't stand or hate. What is it?

yankees23
06-29-2011, 02:01 AM
Birdie

Danger
06-29-2011, 02:03 AM
^Good. (It's the best kept secret in putting)

Wahoo.

MNcyclone
06-29-2011, 02:06 AM
ESP Avenger SS

Connor Jones
06-29-2011, 02:12 AM
Groove...?

DanJon
06-29-2011, 02:54 AM
polecat. groove.

notBOB
06-29-2011, 02:58 AM
epic. that frickin mold should not exist..

pchitti
06-29-2011, 03:08 AM

Agreed

Also add almost every disc designed by Quest...

thrembo
06-29-2011, 06:56 AM
Phenix. Innovas 1st attempt at an overstable disc. Epic Fail! (imo of course!)

sheaD
06-29-2011, 07:35 AM

I have a buddy that can throw that thing at least 600 ft. with a tomahawk. Problem is that the plastic only lasts about 2 throws then it loses its flight characteristics.

I would have to say my most hated disc is the groove. I hate that thing.

thrembo
06-29-2011, 07:44 AM
Or how about lightnings Roller disc. I tried and tried but could not get it to roll worth a crap!

wabrown23
06-29-2011, 07:44 AM
Why does every one hate the Groove? Mine flies great! If it were in star plastic I would throw it every round!

Want to talk about a useless disc.. pick up an archangel, then toss it in the trash.

TheWCG
06-29-2011, 07:46 AM
Aerobie Sharpshooter. Piece of garbage. Everybody I took out to play with that didn't have a discs (years ago) all had the same conclusion on this disc, "this thing sucks".... And to top it off, It's brown.

BarkBuster
06-29-2011, 07:49 AM
Archangel is my least favorite disc I've thrown.

Blowfly is also (IMO) not a great disc.. its good for lay ups on hillsides but for actual throwing it just doesnt do the job for me.

Triflusal
06-29-2011, 07:50 AM
rhyno

Raptor
06-29-2011, 08:05 AM
I hated the Beast for a long time, but I've recently started to come around.

Marv Vega
06-29-2011, 08:12 AM
Groove, damn thing never threw right for me and it sounds like I'm not the only one.

simpletwist
06-29-2011, 08:21 AM
Of the discs I've thrown its gotta be the Kite.

medicinalfunk
06-29-2011, 08:28 AM
watching people forehand a Z flick with serious torque for stupid flexing distance pisses me off

Technohic
06-29-2011, 08:31 AM
^Good. (It's the best kept secret in putting)

Wahoo.

I'm not so sure I would want discs I like to be "best kept secrets" in anything as those tend to go OOP. ;)

Staying away from the pissing stones like the Groove or Epic and other popularly hated discs, I will say the Stalker.

I tried and tried and they look nice and feel nice but flight-wise I thought it was crap. There are other discs I would rather use in Discrafts lineup that I feel would do the same things but better. Like a Buzzz, or; since I know the Stalker is "longer", the Cyclone and XL are far superior to it in that category as well IMO.

That reminds me, I hate the Buzzz as well, but not because of the disc. I like the disc, its it's cult following that likes to make hundreds of threads with all the extra zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs that annoy me.

Doupie620
06-29-2011, 08:42 AM
Groove is made for ONE THROW...Flicking Right Turn Dog Legs...that's it...Epic is made by Arm Surgeons as an effort to gain business...My Rotator almost flew out of my cuff using that thing. Most hated disc...Valkyrie. It NEVER did nuttin fer me, therefore...poo on you, Valkyrie.

sheepforwheat
06-29-2011, 08:53 AM
FLX XL - sucks beyond belief. anyone want to trade for mine?

Anthony Cantow
06-29-2011, 09:25 AM
katana

bradharris
06-29-2011, 09:30 AM
Birdie

My putting greatly improved when I stopped using it.

GLong
06-29-2011, 09:35 AM
Birdie

learn how to actually throw one and you will love it :)

Birdie

My putting greatly improved when I stopped using it.

for pure putting it may not be ideal but for upshots and fast greens it is $$$ all day.

just picked up a 120g birdie from lion for playing catch ... it's awesome

my most hated disc would have to be... the dx roc

i know they are great discs but i always seem to lose them. kc or any other plastic, no problem.

medicinalfunk
06-29-2011, 09:38 AM
That reminds me, I hate the Buzzz as well, but not because of the disc. I like the disc, its it's cult following that likes to make hundreds of threads with all the extra zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs that annoy me.

roc collectors are easily more annoying

ian.
06-29-2011, 09:42 AM
all the new warp speed wide rimmed stuff.. but once my game actually gets to where i can throw them it might change :p

bradharris
06-29-2011, 09:46 AM
for pure putting it may not be ideal but for upshots and fast greens it is $$$ all day.

That is true. I used to carry one just for downhill approach shots. I always knew it would find the ground and stay there.

LakeBodom397
06-29-2011, 09:50 AM
Sonic. Certified Piece of Suck.

jsc430
06-29-2011, 09:54 AM
Monarch.

I had a friend who stopped playing for a couple years, he was never really serious in the first place. When he showed up to play his first round in years he brought a monarch...which i promptly told him was i giant hunk of crap.

I proceeded to play like shiz and he almost beat me with it. Stupid monarch

Anthony Cantow
06-29-2011, 09:56 AM
Sonic. Certified Piece of Suck.

no way, those things are money...i personally dont really golf with them but they are a blast to throw. I know a few top pros that have one in their bag

jdw80550
06-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Orcs, in fact they are so bad everyone should send them to me for disposal.;)

But seriously, for me, it was the skeeter, couldn't get that disc to do anything I wanted it to, but I have a buddy and he throws his all the time and makes it work. Just pisses me off.

discddwn
06-29-2011, 10:09 AM
Any new innova disc made out of that rigid as glass champion plastic they are using nowadays.

ILER
06-29-2011, 10:09 AM
150 Champion Leopard

jdw80550
06-29-2011, 10:10 AM
my most hated disc would have to be... the dx roc

i know they are great discs but i always seem to lose them. kc or any other plastic, no problem.

I would have to say that the Roc is not my most hated disc, but it's like the Yankees, you either love 'em or hate 'em. For me I hate 'em, same goes for the Roc, not that it's a bad disc, just an over hyped disc.

smarkquart
06-29-2011, 10:11 AM
I think the intended logic behind this thread is not to point out which discs suck, but which discs have disappointed us the most to the point of hatred.

As for the Groove, Katana, Nuke SS/OS, Wahoo, and so on, we all knew what we were getting into when it was announced that yet another wide rimmed driver is coming out. Anyone who truly believed that the latest wide rimmed driver was going to be different, going to be that one magical disc that can cure your game, then I can understand the hatred. Anything beyond that is just a refusal to believe your long game sucks more than you would like and you need something to blame like a disc. I think the Flow, Havoc, Vulcan, and to a lesser extent the Archon may soon fall into this category.

With that being said, I generally hate discs that are routinely being hyped as great discs, raise my expectations, and then fly nothing like being described. Like earlier, it is the thrower, not the disc, but I hate the X-Predator and C-PD; money not well spent. The Vector and Gold Line Pain are on the tier below hate, and I have a love/ hate relationship with my soft Ions.

Ty_Ty
06-29-2011, 10:13 AM
watching people forehand a Z flick with serious torque for stupid flexing distance pisses me off

I was one of those...when i first got my flick I was forehanding it 50ft past my nukes until one day a couple trees jumped in the way. Now the wing is all bowed and warped.....so now its just a faster pred.....250-300ft range :(
No more 400+ ft flex shots.

Im not a fan of the Ringer in D plastic....great approach disc, but you hit one tree and its done.

Technohic
06-29-2011, 10:21 AM
I think the intended logic behind this thread is not to point out which discs suck, but which discs have disappointed us the most to the point of hatred.

As for the Groove, Katana, Nuke SS/OS, Wahoo, and so on, we all knew what we were getting into when it was announced that yet another wide rimmed driver is coming out. Anyone who truly believed that the latest wide rimmed driver was going to be different, going to be that one magical disc that can cure your game, then I can understand the hatred. Anything beyond that is just a refusal to believe your long game sucks more than you would like and you need something to blame like a disc. I think the Flow, Havoc, Vulcan, and to a lesser extent the Archon may soon fall into this category.

With that being said, I generally hate discs that are routinely being hyped as great discs, raise my expectations, and then fly nothing like being described. Like earlier, it is the thrower, not the disc, but I hate the X-Predator and C-PD; money not well spent. The Vector and Gold Line Pain are on the tier below hate, and I have a love/ hate relationship with my soft Ions.

I got the Vulcan because I heard it was super flippy and expected to throw it then sell or donate like I have any other high speed driver I have tried. But then I really liked it and it stayed in my bag. About the opposite of what you are saying but thats just an exception to the rule.

I really wanted to like the X Predators and got like 7 of them, then was very disappointed. At least until this past weekend where I took one, roughed it up for about 10 minutes and BAM! The thing flew like my most used and favorite ESP Pred. Good to know if I happen to lose said broken in ESP (or even Z as I got one in that which is good to) Pred. I can rough up an X Pred and have an immediate fill in.

jdw80550
06-29-2011, 10:30 AM
I got the Vulcan because I heard it was super flippy and expected to throw it then sell or donate like I have any other high speed driver I have tried. But then I really liked it and it stayed in my bag. About the opposite of what you are saying but thats just an exception to the rule.

I really wanted to like the X Predators and got like 7 of them, then was very disappointed. At least until this past weekend where I took one, roughed it up for about 10 minutes and BAM! The thing flew like my most used and favorite ESP Pred. Good to know if I happen to lose said broken in ESP (or even Z as I got one in that which is good to) Pred. I can rough up an X Pred and have an immediate fill in.

^^^Sorry to thread jack, but just got a Pro Orc, did the same thing to it, turned it into the same flight as my cherished beat Champ Orcs. Now beat it a little more and hope to pull out some amazing annies.

dkoz
06-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Comet!!!! I've thrown mako's, meteor's , buzz's etc.....bought 4 comets....elite-x 165 and 175.....z-180 and esp 181. I'm just not a fan!

wlkent
06-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Gotta be the groove. followed closely by the monarch.

simpletwist
06-29-2011, 11:09 AM
150 Champion Leopard

:eek: Blasphemy!

mreynolds24
06-29-2011, 11:21 AM
Definitely a Groove... Can't even throw that disc away... every time I try I miss by 50 ft

JamesXC
06-29-2011, 11:24 AM
I will go against popular opinion and vote for the Wraith. I get absolutely no glide out of Star or Champion Wraiths, and it bugs the crap out of me.

ManU
06-29-2011, 11:29 AM
ummmm
gator: could never throw it
but then again it was 3 years ago and I was hella noob
I might change my opinion now but now I don't use an OS Mid

anything over spd 12
can't grip them
don't have the arm speed or snap

edit: sorry guys...and the Roc
just don't get it

MikePinchico
06-29-2011, 11:55 AM
ummmm
gator: could never throw it
but then again it was 3 years ago and I was hella noob
I might change my opinion now but now I don't use an OS Mid

You need to give it another try because they are money. You need it in champ plastic.

Chris A.
06-29-2011, 12:02 PM
It's a tie for me between the Roc and Sidewinder. With the Roc I just don't get it.. I keep buying 'em but I'm just not that impressed and end up giving 'em away.

notapro
06-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Aw, cmon, the sharpshooter doesn't even count, does it??? :|

I hate the odyssey whatever, with the cheap plastic for the rim, the even cheaper, see-through plastic for the flight plate, and the stepped inside rim. That is Garbage!!!

Honorable mention for the Terminator. What a ridiculous name for the disc, too.

therealbigtrav
06-29-2011, 12:08 PM
Raging Inferno. I couldn't do anything with it.

Koffee
06-29-2011, 12:13 PM
I am torn between the pulse and the groove

zenbot
06-29-2011, 12:16 PM
Whatever the Ace Race disc was the year after the Impact. The Nebula?

Lewis
06-29-2011, 12:36 PM
I would have to say that the Roc is not my most hated disc, but it's like the Yankees, you either love 'em or hate 'em. For me I hate 'em, same goes for the Roc, not that it's a bad disc, just an over hyped disc.

Hate the Yankees, love the Roc, and think the Buzzz is over hyped (but not a bad disc). The one I really hate is the Groove. I wasted $15 on one of those, just like everybody else. The hated disc I still own, however, is a 150-class Aviar putter that I got in my starter set a few years ago. I'm just not sure how to dispose of it, because maybe somebody could put it to good use, unlike that horrible brick of a Groove I had.

austin234
06-29-2011, 12:44 PM
pro katana. pos never did the same thing twice, just when i would think i had it figured it it would do something crazy and end up in the shizer

simpletwist
06-29-2011, 12:47 PM
I am torn between the pulse

More blasphemy!

Brall
06-29-2011, 12:53 PM
my most hated disc was the valkyrie & wahoo

i blame my lack of skill for my hatred of the valk. i realize that it is a good disc. for me, the slightest breeze changed a slightly beat in champ from straight to flippy. very hard to control for me.

wahoo just made me angry because i had such high hopes for a nice flippy floater... just far to flippy for me.

IronJack
06-29-2011, 01:02 PM
The one that clanks the side of the tray on a 10 foot putt.

wabrown23
06-29-2011, 01:07 PM

And this is why I love the Groove and Katana and hate putters :thmbup:

If everyone wants to send me their Grooves and Katana's I will gladly put them to great use! :)

New013
06-29-2011, 01:09 PM
Aero

emook
06-29-2011, 01:18 PM
i wouldn't say hate. but the disc i really wanted to like and didn't was the warrior. talk about no glide. its like throwing a rock 150ft

discgolfer25
06-29-2011, 01:18 PM
Or how about lightnings Roller disc. I tried and tried but could not get it to roll worth a crap!

I roll mine all the time! haha

and everyone I going to hate me but the DX Roc just frustrates me BC I throw almost all forehand and I can't get it to be that spectacular disc everyone talks about. I can throw it backhand pretty good but I hate throwing backhand and probally do it less than 5 times around but if I do I usually will throw a Roc. Aurora MS FTW

smyith
06-29-2011, 01:38 PM
exreme minority here. but i hate the wizard. thats right you heard what i said. that disc cost me many many strokes. just like every gateway putter it either drops like a rock or blows past the basket leaving you with an even bigger putt. i dont think any disc out there has caused me more frustration.

DGRZ001
06-29-2011, 01:48 PM
Coupe

chris717
06-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Never liked the leopard:)

OcDiscGolf
06-29-2011, 02:05 PM
Star SL.

aPfaff
06-29-2011, 02:11 PM
Quest's Raging Inferno, actually just put everything Quest makes.

curveball4
06-29-2011, 02:20 PM
exreme minority here. but i hate the wizard. thats right you heard what i said. that disc cost me many many strokes. just like every gateway putter it either drops like a rock or blows past the basket leaving you with an even bigger putt. i dont think any disc out there has caused me more frustration.

I'm gonna one up you. I hate the Roc!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy cow where is the lightning?? I don't really hate the disc, I know it is a good mold, I hate the bead. That's the same reason the Wasp didn't stick around, felt TERRIBLE in my hand. Ok, Roc lovers can now tell me how it's the best thing since whatever!

Lamp
06-29-2011, 02:20 PM
Champion Groove, hands down. has probably been mentioned many times in this thread, complete POS!

jtreadwell
06-29-2011, 02:22 PM
I'm gonna one up you. I hate the Roc!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy cow where is the lightning?? I don't really hate the disc, I know it is a good mold, I hate the bead. That's the same reason the Wasp didn't stick around, felt TERRIBLE in my hand. Ok, Roc lovers can now tell me how it's the best thing since whatever!

I completely agree with you! I got a roc because I thought I should but I just can't rock the feel of it...

GLong
06-29-2011, 02:25 PM

I like rocs, actually just put them back in the bag a few weeks ago and they are $$$. I just have bad luck with dx rocs for some reason.

GLong
06-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Comet!!!! I've thrown mako's, meteor's , buzz's etc.....bought 4 comets....elite-x 165 and 175.....z-180 and esp 181. I'm just not a fan!

if you don't like the comet maybe you should learn how to throw it right ;)

jtreadwell
06-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Champion Groove, hands down. has probably been mentioned many times in this thread, complete POS!

Seems to be a lot of Groove hate out there. Now I had one for a while and actually enjoyed it, but I've heard that a lot of the hate comes from inconstant results from one Groove to another. Is this correct and I just happened to have a decent one or is there a universal suck factor that I'm missing? Oh and for clarification purposes I didn't "like it but suck with it", I was getting 350 - 370ft regularly with the thing

woodstock
06-29-2011, 02:29 PM
Wahoo, And the Mirus, Sirus and Sinus discs from Lat 64. Just because of the names mostly.

Ty_Ty
06-29-2011, 02:36 PM
I txt my buddy about this thread and this was his reply back:

"Every disc I ever bought.....Its the damn disc; not the thrower"

Frustration at its best lol

Lamp
06-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Seems to be a lot of Groove hate out there. Now I had one for a while and actually enjoyed it, but I've heard that a lot of the hate comes from inconstant results from one Groove to another. Is this correct and I just happened to have a decent one or is there a universal suck factor that I'm missing? Oh and for clarification purposes I didn't "like it but suck with it", I was getting 350 - 370ft regularly with the thing

Bad design, and inconsistent results. Gave mine to a friend because it never did what I wanted it to do. Well, I shouldn't say never but it pissed me off more times than not. Now I've been watching my friend for past year having the same problems I once had. Then my other friend found an almost new Champ Groove, and hated it just as badly as myself. The disc can fly well, it just seems to rarely happen though.

Rocaholic74
06-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Being four steps above a fresh noob, I'm not sure if I can say that I hate any particular disc. There are those discs that I can't throw properly just beacuse of my form and lack of arm speed. That said I do not hate those discs I just don't throw them. If I had to pick one disc that I do not like because no matter how I threw it...anny or just torqued the crap out of it with tons of OAT just to see if it would crash to the right but just flipped and went hard left...anyone guess it yet....the Drone from Discraft. Now maybe it's just because I just don't know how to throw that thing or my form is worse than I thought but that thing is an overstable pig....I really see no use for that disc other than hyzer spikes and hard left flicks out of trouble...useless in my book.

slicemaster
06-29-2011, 03:49 PM
wahoo and and blackjax sports driver, pretty much the same disc except one lights up.

NCStatePlaya
06-29-2011, 03:58 PM
I friggin hate that disc that slams into the tree 15' infront of the tee box on a 600' hole. Its a sneaky lil mfer...the disguise changes regularly...could be a nuke today and a sidewinder tomorrow. Just wish I had one of those cool decoder rings from Cracker Jacks so I know not to pick that disc up. :wall:

Rugball
06-29-2011, 06:03 PM
rhyno

Kind of surprised by that one. I use mine for short holes all the time, and aced one. I'll admit it's not that great for actually putting however. It doesn't sit that well in the hand to get a consistent release for short putts.

I wished I'd seen the reviews before getting the Groove though. I'm new (~3 mos) at disc golf, and I seriously thought it was me until I lined up on one long hole (296') with 3 drivers to do some testing. Played all 3, 3 separate times in succession.

Valkyrie - Long and straight, with an understable turn to the right.
Wraith - Longer and straight, with a stable fade to the left. Hit the bottom of the pole once and that was a bad throw.
Groove - What the f***?!?! Only got it to go on target once. Barely reached the hole on that attempt.

Definitely not a Groove fan.

Craton
06-29-2011, 06:18 PM
I would have to say my least favorite disc is the warp speed family. Not because it's useless, and not because 60% of the people throwing them can't, but rather because the majority of courses around me will only have the occasional hole that is longer than 400'...so there really isn't any situation to use them that a fairway driver or even a wraith/destroyer can't do instead.

yankees23
06-29-2011, 06:27 PM
I had an X PuttR that is comparable to the birdie. I guess it would be alright for up shots but not for putting. For me anyways.

Marv Vega
06-29-2011, 06:34 PM
Bad design, and inconsistent results. Gave mine to a friend because it never did what I wanted it to do. Well, I shouldn't say never but it pissed me off more times than not. Now I've been watching my friend for past year having the same problems I once had. Then my other friend found an almost new Champ Groove, and hated it just as badly as myself. The disc can fly well, it just seems to rarely happen though.

Sounds similar to my experience, traded it in for next to nothing after a couple of weeks. Love the Boss and Katana though.

clipnfly
06-29-2011, 06:49 PM
Destroyer... can not make that thing fly... or Groove... not a fan of that one either...

yankees23
06-29-2011, 06:53 PM
I know this is off topic but how do I post a thread? lol

mickas
06-29-2011, 07:41 PM
the epic, I work at a disc golf shop so whenever anyone comes in saying "I hear this flies further than any other disc because of it's rim" I cringe.

hangwind
06-29-2011, 08:09 PM
My most hated disc is the one that is floating and or sinking out of reach and I walk away from it.

captain jack
06-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Starfire. :(
Had high hopes, but its just a lump of poo in my hands, notorious for giving me crappy rolls that go away from the pin.
Hated it.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ACniHHzJMcc/S845ImqLNuI/AAAAAAAAFw8/RRCrlnbBxGQ/s320/hated+it.jpg
I keep finding them though, then selling them or giving them away.
Only one I keep is an old gummy, pearly one from days of yor that I found in a swamp.
Never felt or seen another one quite like it, or any other disc that feels like it.
I'm saving it to show Dave from Innova someday, and then say " Make some discs with this shiz please " its just that special.

BrotherDave
06-29-2011, 09:01 PM
Rhyno. ;)

(somewhere, Zenbot seethes with anger)

Lamp
06-29-2011, 11:48 PM
For the people saying that they don't 'hate' a disc, and that they just don't throw it if it doesn't work for them; please try a champion groove, you will actually hate this disc, and will want to get rid of it in any way possible.

atxdiscgolf
06-30-2011, 01:07 AM
Hate is such a strong word, I dislike the Polecat.

Travis1010
06-30-2011, 01:14 AM
Wahoo

teej
06-30-2011, 01:33 AM
this might be strange but I am not a fan of the katana. It just did not work well with me.

Dsplayname
06-30-2011, 02:34 AM
I really haven't thrown anything that I couldn't make work for me. I enjoyed the Groove. I didn't really care for the Boss, but I only had a couple throws with it.

Bikinimower
06-30-2011, 02:54 AM
I don't know if this is my least favorite but I got an ape recently and it sucks.

I've been slowly getting better with it but maybe it's just out of my skill level. I had similar problems with the Boss when it first came out and now I can throw it just fine

austin234
06-30-2011, 03:02 AM
not a fan of teebirds either. in any plastic. just always throw them like crap for some reason. im gonna try em again later tho, everyone loves them so much thers gotta be a reason rigt

austin234
06-30-2011, 03:04 AM
my most hated disc was the valkyrie & wahoo

i blame my lack of skill for my hatred of the valk. i realize that it is a good disc. for me, the slightest breeze changed a slightly beat in champ from straight to flippy. very hard to control for me.

wahoo just made me angry because i had such high hopes for a nice flippy floater... just far to flippy for me.
get a CE valk theyre quite a bit more stable, at least the early opaque white ones are from my experience

south city flyer
06-30-2011, 03:05 AM
monarch for sure. bought one when i was a noob, bad choice and lost it on the first course i played it with. then, after a year or 2, bought another one to try it out, didnt work for crap. so inconsistent and so unpredictable. thing turned and burned, didnt turn, sailed, died. idk if it was me or not, but i just wasnt happy with it.

weeman
06-30-2011, 07:19 AM
My most hated disc is anything that I can't throw with much success or don't give much time then give/trade/sell to someone I know and get to watch them birdie a hole right in front of me that I subsequently don't birdie.

Triflusal
06-30-2011, 08:08 AM
Rhyno. ;)

(somewhere, Zenbot seethes with anger)

just because he made fun of your nebulas (nebulae?)

in all seriousness, I don't like rhynos because I don't see that point of putting with some that overstable. And for drives, they are just kinda useless. unless I want to flex a putter, it doesn't go straight. I throw putter shots to go straight/slight hyzer/slight turnover. All the rhyno does is go right (LHBH), on putts and drives, and it doesn't glide when doing it.

KNole
06-30-2011, 03:04 PM
i dont like the roc

Mad Scientist
06-30-2011, 03:20 PM
I don't really hate any disc specifically. I mean, some discs don't fly great for me, but if that's the case, I just see it as that disc not being the one for me. No reason to hate.

DiscJunkie
06-30-2011, 03:59 PM
Leopards have never flown right for me.
It's like the rim throws off my grip.

Jeasy13
06-30-2011, 06:27 PM
Elite x nuke. They turn super flippy after hitting something other than grass one time.

Mike C
06-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Easy. I hate all the innova discs with different versions of the same mold that are not labelled or poorly labelled. Examples being pro firebirds (some fl some fx) pro starfire (l mold) champ eagle l's and x's having no identifying marks, roc +'s that arent labelled as such etc. ****s annoying as ****.

707_Roc
07-03-2011, 04:03 AM
hydra and just about any disc in r-pro plastic

Mattallica
07-03-2011, 05:07 AM
Easy. I hate all the innova discs with different versions of the same mold that are not labelled or poorly labelled. Examples being pro firebirds (some fl some fx) pro starfire (l mold) champ eagle l's and x's having no identifying marks, roc +'s that arent labelled as such etc. ****s annoying as ****.

now you got me hating these things as well

grube.fresh
07-03-2011, 05:09 AM
mostly the putter that just left my hand.:doh:

basketcase15
07-03-2011, 07:01 AM
the disc you ace with !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Triflusal
07-03-2011, 09:18 AM

it's only difficult if it isn't marked in pen on the bottom

nate22
07-04-2011, 07:36 PM
I like the Groove, but the Monarch is just plain evil!

tarel
07-05-2011, 11:16 AM
to those who hate the champ groove run over it with your car a few times till the dome is flat and than watch the magic happen. there is also a few grooves that have zero dome and are mad gummy on the flight plate those fly amazing.

RoundWounds
07-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Star Dart, can't stand how it feels in the hands.

Ryan P.
07-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Turbo putter. Completely worthless.

Pwingles
07-05-2011, 04:59 PM
discs i have a personal distaste for:
Groove
Rhyno (for putting)
Katana
Element
Cro
Drone (even tho i currently have one in the bag)
Epic
Terminator
Boss (because 1% of people that own one are capable of throwing it)
Meteor
Striker
Trident

sactoduck916
07-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Quest Defender, the 1 that has the dimples around the edge like a golf ball. That disc is a POS

TxDiscGolfBoy
07-05-2011, 05:31 PM
magnet....i think these things feel terrible!!!!

lion
07-06-2011, 12:23 AM
Monarch

Johnson
07-06-2011, 12:36 AM
Groove
Rhyno (for putting)
Katana
Element
Cro
Epic
Terminator
Boss (because 1% of people that own one are capable of throwing it)
Meteor
Striker
Trident

What don't you like about the Striker? For me they are straight and consistent. The Meteor is tough to get down but they can pull off some crazy anny shots. Personally I'm not a fan of the Rhyno.

elevated plastic
07-06-2011, 01:21 AM
The only disc I really couldn't stand in my hand was the aero.

ScottieZen
07-06-2011, 01:28 AM
Groove
Rhyno (for putting)
Katana
Element
Cro
Epic
Terminator
APE (because 1% of people that own one are capable of throwing it)
Meteor
Striker
Trident

FIXED THAT FOR YOU. believe it or not, im not a fan of the teebird.... just have bad luck with them....

vonDrehle
07-06-2011, 01:32 AM
Don't really hate any disc... Pretty sure all my putters hate me though :(...

notBOB
07-06-2011, 02:38 AM
Cro

you bite your friggin tongue

simon14
07-06-2011, 12:18 PM
GROVE

Guru10
07-06-2011, 12:45 PM
never liked any wide rimmed drivers. i have big hands but still feels awkward

prerube
07-06-2011, 12:49 PM
GROVE

There is your problem, you bought an immitation. It is supposed to be a groove.

Many of us dislike the gimmicky discs like the groove, epic, arrow, wheel, and all the dimpled Quest crap.

bholy08
07-06-2011, 02:01 PM
wahoo...second driver i ever bought and wish someone had stopped me!

GripEnemy
07-06-2011, 06:35 PM
wahoo...second driver i ever bought and wish someone had stopped me!

really? i think its AWESOME for waterhazards...then again ive only thrown it maybe 30 times (no significant water on the closest 3-4 courses to me)

ANYWAY....my vote goes to the gator lol

Valet
07-06-2011, 07:32 PM
dragon. only good thing it has going for itself is that it floats.

young gun
07-06-2011, 07:40 PM
for me its esp nuke never liked it but the reason I hate them so much is they are drawn to me. I have found 3 of them bought 1 and had 2 given to me at tournys. I can't get away from this disc.

Jazzuar
07-06-2011, 07:45 PM
I don't like seeing all the dislike for the Groove and the Monarch. I love to put my ring finger in the groove on FH drives.

My only hated disc is the Juju Supreme. Way too floppy for me, the only disc I have given away.

Nowski
07-06-2011, 08:10 PM
really? i think its AWESOME for waterhazards...then again ive only thrown it maybe 30 times (no significant water on the closest 3-4 courses to me)

ANYWAY....my vote goes to the gator lol

i throw a beaded gator on almost any hole up to 350 feet for hand, and also comes in handy a lot for backhand, skips pretty well too, way overstable tho

DBdiscgolf
07-06-2011, 08:57 PM
gripenemys2k Your deadmau5 picture is boss!

GripEnemy
07-08-2011, 12:43 AM
i throw a beaded gator on almost any hole up to 350 feet for hand, and also comes in handy a lot for backhand, skips pretty well too, way overstable tho

im sorry to hear that lol...drones are the absolute titties and ive used them for the past 5 or 6 years. tried a gator out of ****s and giggles maybe 2 or 3 months ago and it was the worst decision ive made since . . . ANYWAY, to each his own;)

gripenemys2k Your deadmau5 picture is boss!

haha thank you sir...i try:rolleyes: hes in philly for my birthday in september im stokeddddd

Nowski
07-25-2011, 10:53 AM
im sorry to hear that lol...drones are the absolute titties and ive used them for the past 5 or 6 years. tried a gator out of ****s and giggles maybe 2 or 3 months ago and it was the worst decision ive made since . . . ANYWAY, to each his own;)

haha thank you sir...i try:rolleyes: hes in philly for my birthday in september im stokeddddd

i started with a drone but the flx drones beat in kinda quick and i tried the beaded gator and loved it. i retired my drone

Mongkut
07-25-2011, 12:16 PM
The current molding of Pro-D Cyclones. Guy at the store recommended when I got my first discs, but it was not a good driver for a noob, just too OS. The Leopard would have been a much better choice

thrembo
07-25-2011, 12:24 PM
The last lightning disc I ever bought. A #1 Roller. I could never get it to roll and it flew like crap!

mickas
07-25-2011, 01:24 PM
groove and wahoo.

NOStheBOSS
07-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Buzzz. I cannot throw it to save my life. Hate the grip. Love me some rocs

yearofrolling
07-25-2011, 01:47 PM
^ I thought I was the only one. I can't throw a Buzzz to save my life; tried for a few rounds but it just wasn't clicking.

Crazy Buffalo Guy
07-25-2011, 01:56 PM
I prefer not to throw a Dragon,it just doesn't work for me.I threw mine in the lake on purpus just to get it out of my sight.

ian.
07-25-2011, 02:01 PM
i guess i cant really say i hate any.. i have a few i didnt like when i first threw them .. monster, orion ls, orc, gator, etc. but im sure it wasnt the disc.. it was me :wall: .. im still trying to get my form down so im sure when i was trying to throw those molds i had no reason doing so lol

skybird
07-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Anything that isn't made by Innova.

Shanghaidilly
07-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Groove. And I'll add another 5 votes for the Groove since all my buddies hate it too (some of them are real veterans too).