PDA

View Full Version : need a course around chicago IL

MotoDj
08-30-2009, 12:40 AM
i'm drivin from norther indiana, prob take toll road

my family came from Rockford, so i know how to get through chicago in all, but were going to a Cubs game on Monday, think 8 are going...

anyways, my sis, friend and I will be going early in the afternoon and hang out in chicago b4 the game

i'm looking for one or two courses to play on the way or in chicago, i'm gonna look up map muse as soon as i'm done posting this, but i was hoping for a "must play" recommendation

all recomendations welcome, please describe the course vaguely , possibly gonna have a 2 1/2 old,,, so if there are play areas... etc, i'd rather have a more open course... but i also enjoy the tight courses

help a new guy out please
:)

thanks in advance

MotoDj
08-30-2009, 01:09 AM
dang, according to map muse, 9 courses in chicago, only 2 are 18 holes?
dang, gonna read the reviews on here now bout those 2

one is a friggin monster , over 10,000 ft!!!
holy smokes batman!

they rent golf carts.. according to map muse, 15 buck to play! only 18 with a cart though.. haha, sounds like a bribe to pay for the cart...

15 bucks... i cant get over that , 10,000 ft???? might have to check it out, with the cart of course

MotoDj
08-30-2009, 03:44 AM
think i'm gonna rule out the long course, cash is low

didn't look like there was much on the west side of chitown
prob gonna go to lemon lake or west park

unless there is any recommendations .....

Dave242
08-30-2009, 10:26 AM
First off, why are you using mapmuse when the course finder map right here on this site is 1000% superior? :)

There is nothing worth playing on your way into Chitown from the southeast. Matt Lovasko in Hammond IN is OK, but not worth a trip. I hear it used to be good before a storm did major damage.....to bad.

I highly recommend playing Rogers Lakewood Park in Valparaiso. You've probably played it but if not you have got to - it is amazing! It is almost the half way point to Chicago from Elkhart and not too far out of your way. You will NOT be disappointed.

MotoDj
08-30-2009, 01:15 PM
on "our" course guide, it only showed 2 courses in chicago...

then... i figured out how to look by the map... and yes, i'll agree now, DGCR is better, but i used map muse b4, so thats where i started

never played rogers, i'll look that up here in a bit...
thanks for the reply dave!

Countchunkula
08-30-2009, 03:05 PM
Dave's right, use the map browser on this site. Maybe the IIT course?

mmyersdisc
08-31-2009, 08:59 AM
Matt Lovasko's course did get hit by a storm but apprently they have done ALOT of repairs to the course and now its in good condition! As far as Rogers Lakewood (thumbs up) its a very technical course and fun to play! Club Dead from Michigan has done alot of work there the past few weeks clearing stuff out, and setting up new pin placements! I haven't been there in awhile but now that I have a new car im sure ill be driving a little further away to play some courses!! :)

skinner21
09-03-2009, 05:27 PM
I know it's WAY out of the way, but Highland Park in Joliet in probably the best in the way super extended Chicagoland area.

WindyCityROCer
09-08-2009, 08:56 PM
I agree with skinner and dave (for once) Valpo and Highland are MUST PLAYS!... I haven't really gotten a chance to get up to the north northwest side of Chicago yet (ie rockford area) but IF you can spare the time, the I-80/Joliet corridor has some great courses (West Park, Highland, Channahon, Shorewood)