Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > humchris85

Conversation Between humchris85 and lion
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. humchris85
    12-05-2012 06:38 PM
    humchris85
    And you are right, Humboldt disc golf is a totaly different way of life vs. just about any other place that I've found. The only area that I've found with a simalar type of scene is Newcastle Par Infinity (technicly our parent club, though much smaller and less organized), and they are much more secretive than we are. You really need to be in the know to play their stuff. There is alot of really interesting history between Humboldt Par Infinity and Newcastle Par Infinity, but I really don't feel like going into it right now.
  2. humchris85
    12-05-2012 06:37 PM
    humchris85
    Yea, it would probably be beter to not have it listed on there if it's not going to be at that course. I don't want people showing up and not being able to play becuese they didn't show up to the right place. Mad River Beach is quite a drive from the Pump Station #4 course. There's allways a good turnout for our Ice Bowl. People love a chance to play on the beach. There are some people that get mad that all the tees and fairways are all sand. But what do you expect when you are on the beach? It's also played on objects for the most part, so people expecting to show up and have all baskets are usualy in for a surprise. People thinking it is going to be at the pump station are going to be expecting solid tees, and baskets, they won't be as happy.
  3. lion
    12-05-2012 04:00 AM
    lion
    I got the information off the actual Ice Bowl site and I did see that it said beach but I figured I wouldnt add any more courses in Humboldt because golf up there is a different way of life.
    link:
    http://www.icebowlhq.com/tournament-...-ice-bowl.html

I was actually just adding all the ice bowls from the website that I saw that werent added already so people could see and hopefully play them. If you want me to delete it I will or I can add a longitude/latitude for the actuall course area. Just let me know. I will probably add another 25 tourneys tonight accross the states, Just ice bowls.
  4. humchris85
    12-05-2012 03:51 AM
    humchris85
    Hey lion. I know you were trying to be helpfull listing the Humbodt County Ice Bowl, but you should probably leave that to the people who actualy know what is going on with it. It is not going on at Pump Station #4 as you had listed, but an unlisted course that we play on the beach. I have thought of adding this course to the directory before, but we have had enough trouble with the neighbors that it would just end up putting the whole tourney at risk. It's a lot of fun, and we would love to have you up here for it, but it would be best if you deleted that event. Thanks for understanding.