Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > notapro

Conversation Between notapro and cfair
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7
  1. cfair
    12-02-2010 06:53 PM
    cfair
    HA! awesome. Yeah toss them into some walls, dirt, into the ground as you play. They loosen up a bit. I would like to order a stack of 10 ridges about 169. Maybe Red and white and get them on a four rotation (regularly playing with and rotating 4 discs as back ups).I'm jealous
  2. notapro
    12-02-2010 02:59 PM
    notapro
    See, I felt that the summit still wanted to fade at the end of its flight more than my Aviar, which has a similar bead. They are brand spanking new, though, can't argue with that!!! My old Ridge had seen a ton of tree hits, too. I need to go throw them at a brick wall a la the durability video, and I'll be back up to speed .

Still miss my first ridge, even though I have 6 new ones...
  3. cfair
    12-02-2010 02:44 PM
    cfair
    if you like a gliding putter the summit is great. But I like the drop of the ridge, and beat ones work beautifully.
  4. notapro
    12-02-2010 02:34 PM
    notapro
    I'll admit that my throw does not generate a ton of power, or snap, so I did not expect to see much difference between the different weights when throwing off the tee. But, the first day, it did seem that the 164 was a bit less HSS than my 169. Probably just a coincidence, or some off/on OAT.

But yeah, next year I'm really going to get on the practice. This winter should be putting practice, if I can be disciplined enough. I had been using a micro-bead Aviar, it was quite different to go from that to a Ridge. Almost made me want to bust out the Summits. But I know I'll learn to love the Ridge again (I better at least ).
  5. cfair
    12-02-2010 10:11 AM
    cfair
    that is what I've been thinking as well Even if they don't necessarily glide better they would at least have a more forward finish. I have a 166 proto I've been meaning to try out (but same with weather making playing hard) but it is a proto and I tend to try to stay in production, or as vibram now offers custom runs. I'm sure if I wanted a dipped dome I could ask steve to cool the discs flight plate up and he would happily oblige as it is not a hard request...

but 168-ish ridges sound more and more appealing every day.
  6. notapro
    12-02-2010 09:57 AM
    notapro
    I just figured I would rather have a bunch of different weights in order to find one or two that I really liked above all the other ones. I had a coral-colored one that I lost about two months ago; and I really really wanted to get the exact same disc. I forgot the weight, so there you go.

I'm not so sure that I was looking to get more glide, just maybe different levels of stability. Initially, right now, these ones that I just got in seem a touch more overstable than the original one I had. But they are brand new... I have really only tried 4 out of the 10 seriously, and even then it was just in casual rounds. The cold weather makes field work very unattractive.

As far as dipped centers v. glide v. stability... I have no clue. I don't think any of mine are dipped at all, just flat. I will take another closer look at them. And like I said, I haven't really messed around with them too much yet. I think my 168 Ridge is going to beat in very, very nicely though.
  7. cfair
    12-01-2010 09:37 PM
    cfair
    Question about your lighter ridges. Can you tell me why you had them made lighter? I've been wanting to test out some around the 168g range but only have 175-ish's. I'm wanting some more glide out of them (also does a dipped center improve glide at all if it makes them more understable?)