Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Not again

Conversation Between Not again and Three Putt
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 14 of 14
  1. Three Putt
    11-14-2010 11:23 PM
    Three Putt
    Sharpie won't get called. I think they had to OK Sharpie because they require you to mark you disc. Rule 802.01c says "Discs excessively sanded or painted with a material of detectable thickness are illegal." 802.01f says "All discs used in play, except mini marker discs, must be uniquely marked in ink or pigment-based marking which has no detectable thickness." So it all comes down to "detectable thickness." Once you put clear on a disc, to me it has detectable thickness and should be illegal. At least I'd call it that way.
  2. Not again
    11-14-2010 10:56 PM
    Not again
    So even layered sharpie could get called?
  3. Three Putt
    11-14-2010 10:42 PM
    Three Putt
    Nope. You can dye a disc because is soaks in. If you apply something on top that has any thickness at all it's illegal. We wouldn't care for play around here, but if you went to a PDGA event you could get called for it.
  4. Not again
    11-14-2010 10:36 PM
    Not again
    Hey Scott- I have a rules question and you seem to be in the know (or at least know where to look)- is paint pen legal on a disc? A buddy of mine did a painting on my Roc and then clear coated it and it is sweeet! I just want to make sure it is legal.