Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > MNcyclone

Conversation Between MNcyclone and discpicable
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. discpicable
    07-20-2012 02:11 AM
    discpicable
    Or we could just abolish the government and start at zero.

I don't think I agree that dead people, especially people who have been dead for millennia, should be able to exercise property rights over people who now own the property. But I'm open to the argument.
  2. MNcyclone
    07-19-2012 01:08 PM
    MNcyclone
    Figured I would continue the convo here instead of the thread.

The original owner of the land possesses the original sovereignty right. He then was dispossessed or sold title and possessory right to his land. Through a chain of dispossession or conveyance this property in the form of title and possession now belongs to you. Nowhere in this chain was the sovereign right conveyed to you, only title and possession. That means that if the US government does not have the sovereign right, it does not escheat to you, it would escheat to the last legitimate holder of the sovereign right. As you say that no government legitimately holds this right, that leaves it to the original owner centuries ago. If this is the case that means some family somewhere in the world has the power to exorcise their sovereign right over your land. This seems like a more unacceptable result than saying the US government legitimately holds the sovereign right to your land.