Disc Golf Center

Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Dthunderchicken

Conversation Between Dthunderchicken and Connor Jones
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Dthunderchicken
    08-01-2011 09:48 PM
    Dthunderchicken
    I forgot to mention, add a little garlic (powder or minced fresh) to the chiles when you chop them. It really enhances the flavor.

FWIW, Sweetie picked and I roasted our first decent bucket of chiles yesterday afternoon. Today she made chile rellenos (stuffed chile). Homegrown chiles are on a par with homegrown tomatoes. I can't wait till the plants really start producing.

BTW the guac on the burgers really ties it all together. Enjoy!
  2. Connor Jones
    07-31-2011 03:36 PM
    Connor Jones
    I might have to do some of those up,then try to bust them out for the Georgia meet up .

Sounds really good,anytime bacon + chile can coexist,it is glory.
  3. Dthunderchicken
    07-31-2011 03:31 PM
    Dthunderchicken
    Hi Connor. Sorry, I only noticed your message today. I've been busy these past two weeks.

IIRC we're talking about green chile cheese burgers. There's nothing difficult about making them but there are a few tips I can give you.

I use 85/15 (lean to fat) beef and I grill them on the BBQ.
    I use fresh (or frozen) green chiles that I roast myself. Fresh is much better than canned. (I like Numex 6-4 but I grow my own.)
    After the chiles are roasted, cleaned, peeled and chopped, I cook them again in a frying pan. (This lets them heat up and dry out a little.)
    I use American cheese however sweetie likes Monterrey Jack.
    For a special treat I stack them with guacamole on the bottom bun, cheeseburger, thin crisp bacon and then the chile. (My S-I-L put me on to that one. And she's from TN.)

Hope you enjoy them!

My best;

Dave

These are a staple at most any New Mexican cook out. But then again, so is chopped green chile.
  4. Connor Jones
    07-18-2011 01:51 AM
    Connor Jones
    On a serious note....

Wanna hook me up with a recipe for those burgers

Always looking to try something new.