Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 72
  1. tallpaul
    08-16-2015 03:52 PM
    tallpaul
    Give me a call right away, please...
  2. tallpaul
    08-07-2015 09:53 PM
    tallpaul
    *Ran out of space to edit! This is just so great; have not listened to Kingfish in sooooo loooong! Brings me back! This new music hook up has been wunderbar like every night! My tape collection stylie; but with 30 shows compared to few I would have of each! Amazing!* *Interesting: I always thought of Kingfish as a Bob spin off; but, it's actually a Matthew Kelly band. Kelly played with Ratdog for 3.5 years in the late 1990s. Don't think I ever saw that incarnation of Ratdog?**Well, I'm almost through a second Kingfish show; time to sleep; but just great, great stuff.*
  3. tallpaul
    08-07-2015 08:20 PM
    tallpaul
    song called Juke: Kingfish1986-09-07CipollinaKimockRanchRockPyramidLakeNV You'll have to find it in the sugarmegs shows. Lots of Bob 80s band stuff there. While the GD thread is great; doesn't give you the full overview of the whole dynamic. Bob and Jerry both had significant solo things going on as well. Kingfish a very "cowboyish" representation of a part of Bob, much different than Dead style. Not much of this "stuck" with the GD. *Early Kimock in that show as well.* *Just realized that Bob is not in a lot of these tunes; even ones that are on some albums of his? That's interesting....**ah...Bob had a "broken shoulder...**(many edits here Juke!)...probably the very shoulder injury that is still plaguing him today, and the cause of his pain killer troubles of recent years...*about half way through this Kingfish show; go hear to hear some JGB with Donna; for some more different/great "side stuff" [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qNZVO09NPo4*[/url
  4. Jukeshoe
    08-04-2015 09:03 AM
    Jukeshoe
    I was scopin' the Capt. Beefheart a little yesterday, but internet has been really patchy lately (damn comcast! ) so really haven't delved into it fully yet.
  5. tallpaul
    08-03-2015 08:45 PM
    tallpaul
    Best Art Ensemble of Chicago list I've ever seen. Fully enmeshed in a show at the moment!
    I'll be all primed for the Roscoe show in Sept.!

One Roscoe show as well....
  6. Jukeshoe
    08-02-2015 09:04 PM
    Jukeshoe
    WOW.
  7. tallpaul
    08-02-2015 07:02 PM
    tallpaul
    you want some gold to keep you busy for the next couple of years?: http://tela.sugarmegs.org/alpha/j.html
  8. tallpaul
  9. Jukeshoe
    06-21-2015 10:32 AM
    Jukeshoe
    Sunday a.m. tuneage! Thank's Paulie!

*cues it up!*
  10. tallpaul
    06-20-2015 10:48 AM
    tallpaul
    May or may not enjoy; lots of tuneage here though: https://archive.org/details/TheOtherOnes?&sort=date

Edited to work!