Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > klay

Conversation Between klay and superberry
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. klay
    09-19-2009 04:06 AM
    klay
    Nice, I'm a UW alum as well (History major ) and I moved to CO the summer after I graduated. Picked up disc golf last summer, and seriously this summer. I regret not getting into it earlier because there are so many good courses in Wisconsin.

I am gradually picking them off when I get home though. And after spending the last 20 minutes drooling over your Winter Park pics I can't think that I won't be there next time I'm home (in the summer).

I've yet to actually play the Winter Park course here. I was excited when I read that they had rebuilt it but after reading reviews that has waned. I have plenty of great courses close to me in the mountains that I don't need to make a special trip (at least this summer) to get there just yet.

And yeah, definitely make sure Beaver Ranch is on your agenda for your next Denver trip. I just played it for the first time a few days ago and it was spectacular.
  2. superberry
    09-11-2009 07:13 PM
    superberry
    Thanks for the compliments. I started playing on the Madison courses during college (UW, ECE major) and have played them hundreds of times. Heistand and Elver will always be personal favorites, but I'm always impressed when I get back down there.

Speaking of Winter Park in CO - have you played recently? I left my signature in the hut after the last hole. I got a picture of me tagging it and holding up one of my Winter Park Kewaunee discs too. My wife and I were out there on vacation and HAD to play it to see who could claim the name - it was a poor excuse for a course if you ask me. Definitely lacking any qualities of a sweet course. I liked the alpine slide more, and wish I would have biked instead. I also missed Beaver ranch and WISH I would have made more time for it. That's okay though, I can travel to Denver for work and hit it up some other time. Hit me up whenever you're in WI for a round at the real Winter Park.
  3. klay
    09-11-2009 05:45 PM
    klay
    Hey man, I really liked your reviews of the Madison courses. I'm originally from there and just got to play them for the first time this summer and I'd have to say your reviews are dead on.

I'm also really looking forward to hopefully playing Winter Park next time I'm in WI since my Winter Park is pretty shabby.