Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > dreadlock86

Conversation Between dreadlock86 and Stardoggy
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 15
  1. Stardoggy
    09-17-2014 09:41 AM
    Stardoggy
    We do have some nice courses in the area. O'Hauser over by Neenah is another great course. You can't go wrong with Highbridge, either. We did that last year..make sure to hit Sandy Point on the way up. Also tons of other quality courses along the way.

I really loved Flip. As a 900ish player, I thought it was challenging, but playable....but I think if I lived in the area I'd get over it over time, just because it's always going to be the same thing, every time. As a destination course, though, I thought it was spot on.
  2. dreadlock86
    09-17-2014 04:22 AM
    dreadlock86
    yeah, that's a definite con whether you love the course or not. i had a great time at flip despite playing in the rain but was underwhelmed given the reputation and all the hype. super fun course, overrated.

i sure hope i get the chance to come through there again and play RR with different pin positions. at some point i'd like to get a group to go to highbridge hills. if so, i'll probably stick around an extra week and try to hit more WI courses. it looks like you guys have a whole lot of awesome golf!
  3. Stardoggy
    09-16-2014 08:09 PM
    Stardoggy
    LoL I gave Flip City a 4.5, but the main reasoning behind that was 1 real tee, and 1 pin position.

If you get the opportunity to play Rollin' Ridge with different pin positions, you definitely should. The course completely changes.
  4. dreadlock86
    09-16-2014 05:24 PM
    dreadlock86
    lucky you that RR is so close. i really liked the course. i guess that one line in my review was just me trying to find a concrete reason why i was a little underwhelmed with the course despite being blown away by the overall experience. it's also possible i was biased by the fact that i played a bunch of amazing courses across the country in 1 week! fountain hills in PHX, bailey and beaver ranch in CO, Kaposia, RR, and flip city.

now, if only people will be as civil as you once i review flip city and give it a 4.5, haha!
  5. dreadlock86
    09-16-2014 05:23 PM
    dreadlock86
    hey man, thanks for the thoughts. it is always a struggle for me to decide whether or not to review a course, especially a course like RR, if i've only played it once on a road trip.

perhaps a better way to say what i really mean is that there are not any left to right fairways, as far as i saw. i only played the middle tees but i stood on the box of every other tee to get a look too. there are obviously plenty of holes that require you to throw a dead straight shot off the tee to a landing area. maybe i should edit my review to make my intention more clear.
  6. Stardoggy
    09-16-2014 03:24 PM
    Stardoggy
    Not writing to scream and yell, just to discuss.

I noticed the "most shots are just a hyzer" line in your Rollin' Ridge review. Just off the top of my head, I can think of 3 or 4 holes that are far from hyzer holes. (4, 6, 10 in every position, off the top of my head)

I will add that if you went back and played different positions, you'd have a different perspective. Just my opinion, of course. I actually live within about a half hour away, and waited until I played all the pin positions/tee boxes before reviewing for that very reason.

With that said, I play a LOT of courses once and review them, so I totally get where you're coming from.
  7. dreadlock86
    01-13-2014 03:43 PM
    dreadlock86
    thanks for the sweet disc!
  8. Stardoggy
    01-09-2014 06:54 PM
    Stardoggy
    Disc in the mail today!
  9. dreadlock86
    01-09-2014 02:13 AM
    dreadlock86
    thanks man
  10. Stardoggy
    01-08-2014 08:55 AM
    Stardoggy
    I will get that sent out either today or tomorrow!!