Lol.
  2. snappyfingers
    09-23-2011 11:00 AM
    snappyfingers
    OH SNAP!
  3. roadtripstuff
    09-23-2011 10:22 AM
    roadtripstuff
    You and Jukeshoe are going down. Click here.
  4. roadtripstuff
    08-13-2011 05:17 AM
    roadtripstuff
    I've been chatting with some Socal folks over at the discgolfplanet.tv chat and it's making me itch to come out to Cali. Can't wait until May.
  5. roadtripstuff
    08-04-2011 12:38 AM
    roadtripstuff
    Yeah definitely get started as early as possible. I am kinda rushing now and scrambling to get the artwork done so I can start collecting the moolah. If you need any help with anything I'd be glad to do whatever I can from 2200 miles away
  6. snappyfingers
    08-03-2011 09:49 AM
    snappyfingers
    Yeah, I'll probably forget the sanctioning. I would hate for a bunch of local "pros" coming up and trying to kill our fun.
    I think I'll start a poll asking what company everyone wants to go with.
    I already contacted Skulboy about coming up with some art for us.
    Gonna try to get all this going soon, as I don't want to be scrambling at the end.
  7. roadtripstuff
    08-03-2011 07:57 AM
    roadtripstuff
    It doesn't have to be sanctioned, it just has to have the date to qualify. When I emailed them I just told them that I was holding an event at the end of September and that I want to get 50 discs max. I told them that I would have a custom stamp, with location and date and they said I qualify. They didn't even ask if I was holding any kind of tourney. Right now we have right around 25 peeps coming out, but only about 18 of them have shown interest in the players pack, we aren't requiring them to attend or anything, so I figure a couple of people will probably opt out. If we get more than 25 I think I can add discs to my order.

As for sanctioning your event, that probably does depend on whether you want just random folks showing up, like you said. I would think we could keep a little more casual without sanctioning, but either way I think most of the same crew and more would show up.
  8. snappyfingers
    08-03-2011 07:45 AM
    snappyfingers
    So what do you have to do to get qualified for the 50 disc minimum? Just have a date on your hot stamp? Are you sanctioning your event?
    Any of those three combos will be cool.
    So each players pack will have two discs... if you're only ordering 50, you only have about 25 peeps coming?
    Is it crazy of me to think that I can get at least 50 heads to come out for the Saturday tourney at Casitas? Should I try to sanction it?
    Zenbot said they can have two big tourneys at Casitas each year. Our event could be the second one. Or should I just keep it amongst us? If I sanction it a bunch of randoms are gonna show up...
  9. roadtripstuff
    08-03-2011 06:46 AM
    roadtripstuff
    Each pack is going to have two discs, and I have a couple combos in mind:

25 DX Rocs/25 KC Pro Glo Aviars
    25 DX Teebirds/25 Star Leopards
    25 KC Pro Rocs/25 JK Aviars

I think all will be good choices for all skill levels, but I haven't decided for sure what to go with yet. I figure as soon as we decide on the stamp I'll choose.
  10. snappyfingers
    08-03-2011 06:39 AM
    snappyfingers
    Lat only has a 50 disc minimum, and I'm sure if I contacted them and explained what was happening and how much we SoCal peeps LOVE Lat64, I could see them hooking it up! I need to contact them and find out about pricing. Especially since I'm planning on using Skulboy again, they already have a relationship worked out, or at least thru DTW.
    Paragon is the deal, and I'll definitely be using them, thanks for the recommendation.!
    What plastic and what mold are ya'll getting from Innova?