Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Midnightbiker

Conversation Between Midnightbiker and RUSSELL
Showing Visitor Messages 51 to 60 of 61
  1. Midnightbiker
    03-22-2011 07:39 PM
    Midnightbiker
    Jack Brooks is great, but its a 40-45 minute drive from where you will be. I have never played Mozola, but I have heard its fun. JRW III can get you into Oak Meadows. He has taken others from the site out there. Just send him a pm, he is a really cool guy. That would be a good place to hit on Thrusday. I can play Windwood with you on Friday afternoon. Its 21 holes of fun. Its about 25 minutes from where you will be staying. I will go ahead tonight and try to get that Friday off work.
  2. RUSSELL
    03-21-2011 06:22 PM
    RUSSELL
    since i already paid for plane tickets, i damn well better be there! windwood sounds good, as does oak meadow(if i can somehow get in), spring valley, and i thought i saw somewhere that you liked jack brooks? and maybe for kicks jim mozola. all kinds of options...
  3. Midnightbiker
    03-21-2011 05:19 PM
    Midnightbiker
    Damn it, I just relized that I am going to be off at the end of this month, not next month. I tell you what, my job owes me a day off, because we got short handed, and I got screwed out of a tournament, so I will see if I can get that Friday off. I would have to work Thursday night, but I could be awake by 1pm Friday, still plenty of time to get in a round at Windwood. You have some courses near Alief, and they are OK, but not anything special.
    Windwood is 21 holes, and every hole is different. You have tight shots in the woods, open shots, shots with trees, and quite a few holes with water hazards. As long as its set in stone that those are the days you are going to be here, I will ask my boss for that Friday off.
  4. RUSSELL
    03-21-2011 11:46 AM
    RUSSELL
    cool, sounds like a plan! i'll be in Alief, so not too far away(distances being relative in houston).
  5. Midnightbiker
    03-21-2011 01:50 AM
    Midnightbiker
    Perfect timing. I will be off work on that Thursday and Friday. Just let me know when and where you want to play, of if you want some suggestions. I would definitely put Windwood and Spring Valley on the top of the play list.Pm me your number and I will send you mine. What part of Houston will you be in? I am in the upper northeast side, near Bush Airport. (Humble, TX is the town I live in) There is a tight, woodsy , 9-hole course 11 miles from me, and that is the closest to me, since River Grove went private (still think it sucks), but I will drive all over town. Let me know. Be cool to play with another person who loves the Magnet.
  6. RUSSELL
    03-20-2011 03:30 PM
    RUSSELL
    hey! will be in houston thurs 4/28, fri 4/29 and mon 5/2 definately. gonna try to throw a different course each day, weather permitting. you up for it?
  7. Midnightbiker
    02-19-2011 12:29 AM
    Midnightbiker
    you should join our "Magnet Lovers" group if you are not already a member.
  8. RUSSELL
    02-18-2011 08:04 PM
    RUSSELL
    awesome.
  9. Midnightbiker
    02-18-2011 06:30 PM
    Midnightbiker
    Sure, you can look me up. We have some great courses here. Windwood comes to mind. Its one of the best in the area. Also, we have one called "Army Trail" that is almost finished, and everyone says that one is going to be incredible.
  10. RUSSELL
    02-18-2011 02:16 AM
    RUSSELL
    hell yeah. need to get a new one to drive with, current one is a little too beat... on a side note, was born in houston and have family there i visit every year, but haven't played any courses in the area. can i look you up next time i'm in town?