Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Donald Smith

Conversation Between Donald Smith and Midnightbiker
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Donald Smith
    03-21-2010 08:50 AM
    Donald Smith
    HI and Thanks!
    I don't normally throw 300', I'm pretty consistant with 250' +- 25'. The 6th hole teebox is up on a hill, about 10 to 15' higher than the basket, so I have to give the hill some credit for the extra D. I've been trying to get my D to the 300' mark, but remain accurate. To me, I would rather throw 200' accurate, than 400 and end up in the bushes with an impossible shot.
    I'm sure you've read about the snapping towel, and throw like you're snapping a towel. I'm working on that, and my throws are feeling better, that and keeping the nose down on a RHBH throw, and I'm starting to see more 275' throws. I had one on the second hole that was 90 paces level, and that comes out to 270'. The other thing I'm starting to notice is a few grams really makes a big difference. My Teebird is 150 grams. I will consistantly throw it a few feet farther than my 175 g Wraith, Beast, Monarch or other discs.

Gotta run,
    Don
  2. Midnightbiker
    03-20-2010 04:03 PM
    Midnightbiker
    Welcome to DGCR. I liked your story. That is a heck of a throw with a teebird. I can still barley make 300ft. Good job.