Hall of Fame
Disc Golf Course Review
Rolla Disc Golf Club
- View All Groups
- Your Group Messages
Mark Forums Read
These are all things that can be worked around. Sat AM would be fine...do you think the college students will get up? If we were going to do Sat Am, my preference would be to do it around 9ish.
Word. 9am is perfect. So is 10am.
The earlier the better for me (9 am is great)...out of the way and still have the rest of the day if you have stuff going.
I'm playing this afternoon if anyone is interested
Anybody want to run this league?
I run the little kids soccer league on Saturdays and coach my daughters RAYSL soccer team. I hate friggin' soccer, damn Commie sport! Anyway, I've got soccer games through October 23rd with a possible rain-out make up on the 30th. So if nobody else steps up and I'm running it, it won't start until October 30th and that day might get CNX'ed if there is a soccer make-up. Did I mention I hate friggin' soccer?
Here is what I had in mind:
1. Saturdays, 9 am
2. If we leave it on days that UMR is in session, there will be 12 weeks (Oct 30; Nov 6, 13, 20; Dec 4, Jan 15, 22, 29; Feb 5, 12, 19, 26, March 5-one of those days will be off for the Ice Bowl.)
3. It would be run in a weekly format, so you show when you show.
4. $3/week-$2 in the payout. The other buck goes into the Club fund. Each day pays out, no carry over. We will payout the top 1/3.
5. $1 Ace Pool (optional) that will carry over. Ace Pool pays out 1/2, the other 1/2 stays in the Ace Pool.
6. It can be singles or random draw doubles. Random draw will probably attract more people becasue any stiff can draw a good partner and win. If you do singles you have to offer at least two divisions so that lower skill guys are not just donating. Donating gets old and they will stop showing up.
7. Individual points assigned by position that day. If 10 people are there and you finish 1st, you get 10 pts. Points will be tracked for the 12 weeks so there is an "overall" champion. Of course that will just be a "braggin' rights" title because there is no money going to a series payout. Maybe we can get a trophy or something.
I'm good on all that Scott, but I'll be hit and miss on Saturdays.
I like the idea of not being locked in to anything and agree that us lowly 5 putts can have a chance. I really like the idea of random draw doubles but would there be a way to draw from upper and lower divisions so there really is a chance? I would hate for a newcomer to draw me!
Random draw is...random. Making it less random would be more complicated. When I'm two-fisting coffee at 9 am on a Saturday morning after working til Midnight the night before, you don't want me doing anything complicated.
It all sounds great...I like the random draw double as well. Do you think we will have good enough turnout to pull it off? Any college students out there that can chime in on this? Do you think you would get up to play at 9:00 on Saturday? Would your friends?
Page 2 of 3
Mark This Discussion Read
Mark This Discussion Read
All times are GMT -4. The time now is
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2007 - 2014, DGCourseReview.com. All rights reserved.
Disc Golf Videos
Help / FAQ