Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Official MVP Q&A - Questions (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100445)

timg 01-11-2014 12:44 PM

Official MVP Q&A - Questions

So with the Axiom news and all the other MVP questions I'm sure you guys have I've reached out to MVP about doing a Q&A with the members of DGCR and they were all for it! This will work a little differently than previous Q&A threads we've had on here.

This thread will be for you guys to post your questions. I'll leave it open for around a week so anyone that has something they'd like to ask can get their question in. Afterwards I'll close the thread, pull all the questions from it and email them to MVP. The guys at MVP will send me the answers and then I'll post them in a new thread. I can't guarantee they'll answer every question but I will send all of them.

I think this format will be easier to actually find answers to the questions you guys have rather than digging through a massive thread full of questions, answers and chatter.

Please only post questions for MVP in this thread.

tbird888 01-11-2014 12:47 PM

Thanks Tim. Hopefully this works.

Are the cores for the Envy and Alias new (as someone who never really liked the MVP cores, I'm hoping so)? If so, will MVP and Axiom share cores, or will they remain exclusive to each brand?

phimdel 01-11-2014 12:52 PM

Will there be a way to custom order various color and weight combinations?

Aim For The Chains 01-11-2014 12:53 PM

What are the main differences in the two and what will the different "teams" focus on exclusively?

TOURNEYPLAYER 01-11-2014 12:54 PM

is there a plan for Base line cores?

Aim For The Chains 01-11-2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voice of Reason (Post 2312503)
is there a plan for Base line cores?

and different over-molds for that matter-- softer/harder?

Rogue9 01-11-2014 12:57 PM

Will we get MVP molds (Amp, Volt, Ion etc) as Axiom discs?

DiscgolfZen 01-11-2014 01:06 PM

I believe the Over mold works and I understand the theory, but have guys tested it against the same disc sans the OM in the early stages of R and D? This would be interesting to hear about.

BrotherDave 01-11-2014 01:16 PM

When are you going to make an overmolded fastback? I've been waiting for a while and my Polecats are hungry for a challenger.

Qikly 01-11-2014 01:24 PM

Thanks for agreeing to answer our questions, MVP Gents! I've got two for you.

First off, could you go into a bit more detail about the motivations for forming Axiom discs, and wanting to create a sense of separation in your two lines?

Second: could you talk about about how you go about filling out your lineup? How have you decided in the past what directions to go in? Clearly when you've developed a new core you've released several molds built off of that, but more generally, what is your philosophy for choosing what types of discs to develop? If it helps, I ask because I'm generally interested, but also specifically because the two new Axiom molds seem to overlap with existing areas in your lineup while other areas (distance drivers being the obvious one, but also understable discs slower than the Amp) are yet to be assessed.