Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Disc golf basket in a new film (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103994)

crusadersounds 04-03-2014 10:47 PM

Disc golf basket in a new film

Here's a link to a 4:20 preview for a new movie. You might think the beginning is boring, but it will help make the disc golf scene make sense. The course used for the filming is Simpsonville City Park in Greenville, SC. If you watch it all, you'll find that it is somewhat funny which makes me really want to see the real thing. Because it is a local film, the premier will be a single theater in Greenville on April 25th.

(You can message me if you'd like to go see it.)

BTW, I have no part in this film in any way, and I have no advertising agenda, just thought I'd share the local inclusion of disc golf in cinema.

BogeyNoMore 04-03-2014 11:34 PM

Thanks, but no thanks, seems pretty weak. :\

dashiellx 04-04-2014 06:36 AM

Nice Front 242 Reference in there, but yeah---doesn't seem to be qualtiy cinema.

Harrishabitat 04-04-2014 10:34 AM

Actually, sadly to say, the beginning was the good part... As a film maker myself, shooting at night like that they actually did a pretty good job with the visuals. Kinda seemed like a rip off of Contact at the beginning and I loved the Firefly reference (if that was intended). Yeah I know I didn't comment on the disc golf part, but, there you go

And geeze...can't even spell "coming" right?

holly7845 04-04-2014 10:47 AM

As much as I wanted to like this, I didn't. I don't like to be negative, but this just looks low budget and the acting is lacking.

Thanks for sharing, tho.

ScottyLove 04-04-2014 11:17 AM

How do I get that 5 minutes of my life back??

"Comming Soon"... really? On top of the terrible acting, they cannot spell.

pauldst 04-04-2014 11:39 AM

LOL! Love the movie clip!

Quote:

Originally Posted by crusadersounds (Post 2411438)
Here's a link to a 4:20 preview for a new movie. You might think the beginning is boring, but it will help make the disc golf scene make sense. The course used for the filming is Simpsonville City Park in Greenville, SC. If you watch it all, you'll find that it is somewhat funny which makes me really want to see the real thing. Because it is a local film, the premier will be a single theater in Greenville on April 25th.

(You can message me if you'd like to go see it.)

BTW, I have no part in this film in any way, and I have no advertising agenda, just thought I'd share the local inclusion of disc golf in cinema.

TeeSquared 04-04-2014 11:56 AM

I kept thinking that someone in high heels was gonna come out and start smushing bugs...

kaiser flippin 04-04-2014 11:57 AM

I thought it was cool. The dialogue has a hitchhikers guide kind of feel to it, which is good.

crusadersounds 04-04-2014 11:15 PM

Lotta negative comments (and I agree with some of them) but as a disclaimer, this was after the first edit of the first scene. I think the music and editing will be better (I hope). Guess I'll have to wait and see.