Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bag Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Discspeed's Bag (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15139)

discspeed 04-30-2010 12:02 PM

Discspeed's Bag

I compete in Adv/Pro and am rated in the 960s. I've been playing for almost 10 years and I have probably averaged at least a round a day worth of throws during that time. I'm not competing much this year because my wife and I just had our first child, but I'm still getting out the field almost every day for practice and to the course a couple times a week. I throw backhand/forehand about 80%/20% but I'm trying to strengthen my forehand with a goal of more like 60%/40%.

175 Soft Ion (green)--Putts and approaches
174 Soft Ion (peachy/flesh)--Longer approaches and drives

176 X Buzzz--getting seasoned, anhyzers and turnovers
177 Glo Z Buzzz--workhorse of my bag
177 2FR Buzzz--seasoned and versatile, longer than Glo
177 Opaque Green Z Buzzz--More stable for wind/true hyzers
175 XXX--overstable, wind, utility

174 P-PD--very broken in for hyzer flips and turnovers
172 P-PD--new and super straight
175 S-PD--seasoned, all sorts of glidey hyzers/S shots/straight distance
175 C-PD--overstable for wind, open hyzers, S shots

173 Pro Destroyer--expendable distance driver for water shots
175 FR Star Destroyer--Workhorse distance driver
174 Echo Star Destroyer--Max D driver
175 Champ Destroyer--super domey and overstable for wind/hyzers out in the open

I know 5 molds sounds crazy, but with all the plastic variations of most these discs I don't feel like I missing anything (and I've thrown everything else at some point).

valkyrie 04-30-2010 12:22 PM

I don't know how far your throwing, so you might want to let us in on that bit of informaiton. But it looks good, im not sure on what the PD is, but ive heard peopel compare it to a Teebird, which would be good, if not, the only thing i would suggest is a "Fairway driver" (If the PD is not one).

discspeed 04-30-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valkyrie (Post 335825)
I don't know how far your throwing, so you might want to let us in on that bit of informaiton. But it looks good, im not sure on what the PD is, but ive heard peopel compare it to a Teebird, which would be good, if not, the only thing i would suggest is a "Fairway driver" (If the PD is not one).

I throw in a field a lot, so I can say my driving distance is rather inconsistent. On days that I feel good I'm hitting 450', but on other days when I'm tired or sore from playing too much I feel I'm working hard to get over 400'.

As far as the fairway driver goes, the PD is like a super fwy driver. It is faster than most fairway drivers, but slower than the distance drivers of the past decade. I like to power down on it for fairway distances. I can also throw a Buzzz up to about 360' if its wide open, so I don't really have much of a gap between those.

BTW, How's Brewer Park? I used to go up and play there when I lived in Kalamazoo.

gcr_russell 04-30-2010 12:40 PM

That's a pretty solid bag. Buzzz to PD is a pretty solid transition in my opinion. And with the way each of hose molds beats in and flies in different plastics it has a lot more variety than it may look like on the surface.

jdggna 04-30-2010 01:02 PM

I must be following your advice too much. Our bags are almost identical now that I'm switching from Xcals to Destroyers except that I don't have a XXX and my Destroyers are purely FH discs for now. I'm not comfortable gripping that wide rimmed of a disc for BH.

valkyrie 04-30-2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discspeed (Post 335832)
I throw in a field a lot, so I can say my driving distance is rather inconsistent. On days that I feel good I'm hitting 450', but on other days when I'm tired or sore from playing too much I feel I'm working hard to get over 400'.

As far as the fairway driver goes, the PD is like a super fwy driver. It is faster than most fairway drivers, but slower than the distance drivers of the past decade. I like to power down on it for fairway distances. I can also throw a Buzzz up to about 360' if its wide open, so I don't really have much of a gap between those.

BTW, How's Brewer Park? I used to go up and play there when I lived in Kalamazoo.

I don't play brewer much, i play riverside two rounds a day most days, closer to my house.

discspeed 04-30-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valkyrie (Post 335885)
I don't play brewer much, i play riverside two rounds a day most days, closer to my house.

Fair enough. Brewer is a great place to practice almost every shot as long as its not too crowded (which it often is). Did you know Brewer is the oldest course in Michigan?

zenbot 04-30-2010 03:49 PM

:) you need a gator

discspeed 04-30-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenbot (Post 336028)
:) you need a gator

There are signs on my local courses warning not to molest the gators, so I better steer clear.
http://www.snapbuzz.com/images/resiz...gators3199.jpg

zenbot 04-30-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discspeed (Post 336041)
There are signs on my local courses warning not to molest the gators, so I better steer clear.
http://www.snapbuzz.com/images/resiz...gators3199.jpg

Wow. I don't even know how to reply. Do people molest crocs much?