Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Disc Golf Courses (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   DFW disc golf (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15322)

chingy414 05-04-2010 07:58 PM

DFW disc golf
 
I haven't played in many other states, but I think the DFW metroplex has an incredible DG scene. If a seasoned dg'er came into town, and you could only take them to one course in the metroplex, which course would you take them to and why?

I have to say Harry Meyer's in Rockwall. Great course with a wide variety of shots. It is a challanging course, but not frustrating. Must play in the DFW.

mrstiggy 05-04-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chingy414 (Post 340328)
I haven't played in many other states, but I think the DFW metroplex has an incredible DG scene. If a seasoned dg'er came into town, and you could only take them to one course in the metroplex, which course would you take them to and why?

I have to say Harry Meyer's in Rockwall. Great course with a wide variety of shots. It is a challanging course, but not frustrating. Must play in the DFW.

I have'nt played Harry Myers yet, but I would go with Lester Lorch, FANTASTIC 2 18 hole course

chingy414 05-04-2010 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrstiggy (Post 340332)
I have'nt played Harry Myers yet, but I would go with Lester Lorch, FANTASTIC 2 18 hole course

Good call. I didn't factor in the 36 holes. I love Lester Lorch too. Especially Beaver. Coyote can be frustrating, still a great course though. Make the trip to Harry Meyers. Well worth it. A true championship John Houck course.

sloppydisc 05-04-2010 08:22 PM

I played around Fort Worth and Dallas with Donovan a while back, and I really enjoyed every course we played. I didn't get to hit all the good ones, but I was impressed with the ones I got to. I also enjoyed Donovan and the guys in his group. I have polayed most of the Charlotte, NC courses and think the Dallas/Ft. Worth has a similar quality oif DG to offer. It's different due to climate and geography, but it's really good. Since I didn't run into any slimey reptiles I'd say Lester Lorch was my favorite, but the others were good also. I can't wait to get back and try some more. Z Boaz and Veterans were really nice also.

Dfwdscglfr 05-04-2010 08:28 PM

i think turner would be on top of my list tons of land features throughout the course

giles 05-04-2010 08:51 PM

I think Harry Myers is the best in DFW. A fine design by The world class course designer, John Houck.

Cedar Hill is 36 holes of greatness... I havn't played Turner now that the trees and plants are in bloom but I didn't find it as epic as the others.

dreadlock86 05-04-2010 08:55 PM

i live up in denton so i haven't had a chance to play some of the further away courses yet: veterans, lester lorch, turner. so far my favorites are harry myers, lake park and saddle hills.


speaking of saddle hills, anyone in DFW who hasn't played this course yet is doing themselves a disservice. really good nine holes and pretty close to z-boaz.

giles 05-04-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreadlock86 (Post 340393)
i live up in denton so i haven't had a chance to play some of the further away courses yet


lol, we met in Temple.... close to 3 hours away from both our homes....

chingy414 05-04-2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giles (Post 340397)
lol, we met in Temple.... close to 3 hours away from both our homes....

I really enjoyed Lion's Park in Temple. Saw two huge snakes mating (I think) by the water

chingy414 05-04-2010 09:53 PM

I like Turner alot too. In my top 5 in the Metroplex for sure, and there are so many good courses around here. I really like the elevation there, and there are alot of holes to open up on that aren't just an open field shot (Arcadia).


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.