Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vacations & Road Trips (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   SOCAL to SLC...Which Route? (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17165)

Apothecary 06-19-2010 02:01 AM

SOCAL to SLC...Which Route?

Taking a couple days to get to a new job in Salt Lake Chitty. Having a hard time picking a route. Taking off monday. Were either going to do the direct route, through vegas and then turning north, or the scenic route, north to reno and then east.

suggestions on which route would be better and which courses we should hit up would be awesome. If anyone would be willing to guide, that would be even better. :)

TIA

tstack10 06-19-2010 02:04 AM

Nothing much in Vegas. Hit me up when you get to Utah! There are some good courses here I'd be happy if free to show you around. Maybe solitude will be open. Have a safe trip!!

Apothecary 06-19-2010 02:27 AM

coolio. always good to meet other DGCRrs.:thmbup:

newhuck 06-19-2010 03:23 AM

I have driven that route many times. Speed limit is 80 mph once you hit Utah off of the 15. You can hit sunset in las vegas and then there are some nice ones to hit near salt lake. I played Creekside last time I went skiing in Utah. The ski resort that has disc golf is solitude, but I don't know if it is open yet. Solitude is a short drive from Sandy or salt lake up the canyon 15 minutes or so. www.skisolitude.com is their website

DSCJNKY 06-19-2010 09:03 AM

If you're trying to play a lot of courses along the way... then I would go up the I-5 to the 99 and hit the courses in Sacramento up... then drive over to Tahoe (play there of course)... and do the rest of the route.
DSCJNKY

Apothecary 06-19-2010 10:18 AM

were going to have 2 days to get out there. probably wont have a TON of time to play. maybe 2 courses monday and 2 tuesday.

elevated plastic 06-19-2010 05:37 PM

Quote:

then drive over to Tahoe (play there of course)...
let me know if you pass through Tahoe, some sweet courses not far from I-80

NothinButChing 06-20-2010 10:05 AM

why you take a job in Utah?

Apothecary 06-20-2010 10:39 AM

ill be moving around quite a bit. utah is just stop one.:)

why take a job that has me going there? primarily to travel and play new courses and make diamond TR.:thmbup:

tstack10 06-21-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newhuck (Post 383546)
I have driven that route many times. Speed limit is 80 mph once you hit Utah off of the 15. You can hit sunset in las vegas and then there are some nice ones to hit near salt lake. I played Creekside last time I went skiing in Utah. The ski resort that has disc golf is solitude, but I don't know if it is open yet. Solitude is a short drive from Sandy or salt lake up the canyon 15 minutes or so. www.skisolitude.com is their website

Solitude is opening this week and the canyons just added another nine to make it 18 up in park city. Played solitude can hike to tee one or ski lift. Canyons has lift ticket up then paly down i believe.

Ching hating on his own state???