Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bag Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   2012: boots bag (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51669)

booter 01-02-2012 10:22 AM

2012: boots bag

ok so this coming year im doin some major work.ive noticed my form has gone to **** and its definitely hurting my game. im not hitting lines ,having less power etc. my mid game used to be very good and now its like i cant throw for ****.

so im going to be discing down to mids again and tossing in comets to clean up the form. along with that,putting is going to get some tweeking too.

right now,im thinkin the bag will be

178 seasoned barstamp buzzz stable straight,slightly understable
178 glo buzzz overstable
173 esp meteor understable long range
??? x comet
??? esp comet

174 zone beef

175 sp2 more stable driver
175 dp2 slightly stable driver
173 beat pna aviar - understable driver,approach etc
165 thrashed omega ss - jumps,finesse,turnovers
174 omega ss - seasoned main putter

any suggestions or concerns? i didnt want to throw in a fb and am contemplating the zone. you think the fb or zone will hurt anything during this period of cleanin up?

the only reason i want to disc down to mids is i need to get back to the control of my game and the short game as well.

bholy08 01-02-2012 10:31 AM

I have personally never cut out drivers completely...usually will keep a few fairways in the bag. I have heard concerns that only throwing mids and putters can, while helping overall form, negatively effect how you control the longer stuff...maybe have a couple of fairways in the bag to just throw multiples with?
Now, never thrwon a comet so it might act like a fairway and if so totally disregard the above unhelpful advice

DiscNutt123 01-02-2012 10:34 AM

I don't think the FB/Zone will hurt you if you only use them for utility. And being in Texas, sometimes there are winds that a super stable Buzzz can't even handle.

booter 01-02-2012 10:41 AM

true on both accounts. i might toss in a couple qjls and a rr maybe. im prob just being over cautious with taking drivers out completely. i might just stay with qjls or pds as my main drivers.

also,if im gonna work on form, i might take out my barstamp buzzzs and meteor so i can not depend on a buzzz to keep from throwin a comet.

we'll see,i just know i need sone work.. thx guys

jgillia 01-02-2012 10:58 AM

Don't take out all fairways. Id go with FBs and QJs for drivers then what you listed for mids and putters including the zone. Also try a 168-170 Z Comet they are a thing of beauty, flat z is suhwheet too. If you want to try before you buy let me know as I have an esp and z comet I can loan to you to see if they are what you want. Plus I love best comets so the loan-a-comet program is fine with me.

MrGlass01 01-02-2012 11:00 AM

try a fairway in there too. i spent most of the summer with just mids and when the drivers came back out there was some major nose angle release issues. I went to the leopard, a nose sensitive driver, to fix this issue. If i had kept a couple fairways in the bag the whole process would have ended up a lot better.

sillybizz 01-02-2012 11:22 AM

Wanna work on form and OAT, try tossing around a Superclass for a while. I used to have OAT bad especially in my FH but after working with a Zephyr I could get that thing to fly straight throwing FH for a good 220 feet. Plus after you toss around a lid for a while when you pick up a putter it feels like a speed 13 driver. :)

booter 01-02-2012 11:43 AM

thx guys, i think im gonna toss in the qj's and go from there

booter 01-02-2012 05:25 PM

ok so if im gonna add say, 2 comets to the bag, do you guys think i should keep the meteor and a buzzz in the bag still or should i still keep the meteor,2 bs buzzz's and glo buzzz with the 2 comets?

this is what my bag will most likely consist of .

175 candy qjls - slight dome and very eagle x-ish and kinda stable
174 ce qjls - stable straight with small fade
170 ce qjls - seasoned and understable
173 candy fb - beef / utility

178 seasoned barstamp buzzz stable straight,slightly understable
177 fresh barstamp buzzz - stable straight with little fade
178 glo buzzz overstable
173 esp meteor understable long range

??? x comet
??? esp comet/z comet

174 zone beef/utility
175 sp2 more stable driver
175 dp2 slightly stable driver
173 beat pna aviar - understable driver,approach etc
165 thrashed omega ss - jumps,finesse,turnovers
174 omega ss - seasoned main putter

JoshEpoo 01-02-2012 07:11 PM

6 putters and 6 mids? If your game is feeling sloppy, you need to not only disc down, but also reduce the number of discs you're throwing in rounds. It's really hard to tighten up your game and hone your line shaping skills when you're using so many different discs. You're too big of a plastic junkie for your own good. You've got 10 different discs for approach shots and short drives there, and the QJs power down well to cover a lot of the same shots...

You'd probably score better and learn/improve more by just taking one neutral QJ, Buzzz, and Aviar out...