Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Course Design (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Crazy idea... (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52523)

FredVegasDGC 01-12-2012 08:29 PM

Crazy idea...

Living close to D.C. I make several trips a year just to check out the museums and stuff.

On the National Mall there used to be baseball fields. So that got me thinking....

What would happen if a few guys put up a some portable baskets and started playing round of DG?

Has anyone ever just threw up some baskets in an unusual place?

prerube 01-12-2012 08:33 PM

I thought about putting one behind the Lincoln monument. The fields are frequently booked, but If you organize it I will bring 4 portables.

jabruzzo3 01-12-2012 08:54 PM

Glong and I were just talking about places to setup portable baskets. We have access to 4 or 5 baskets. We can call it a Flash Golf instead of a Flash Mob.

FredVegasDGC 01-12-2012 09:13 PM

I guess I'll contact NPS and get some info. The best day to do it would be the Worlds Biggest DG day....

ferretdance03 01-12-2012 09:16 PM

One of my golfing buddies put his portable up at the Lincoln Memorial. I'll see if I can find the videos.

Also, search Urban Disc Golf on youtube. A couple guys from Oregon have some pretty sweet videos up.

denny ritner 01-13-2012 11:45 AM

as a fantasy, i love the concept. my version has four players playing an 18 hole skins match at 18 different locations wearing costumes, such as the incredible hulk, bart simpson, scooby doo, and richard nixon. at each location, we'd find the four best willing participants to don the costumes and play a hole. (disc flipping determines the order of costume choosing).

also, i'd be wearing a liz carr costume, so i could spend lots of quality time with my man-crush billy doing the commentary.

FredVegasDGC 01-13-2012 05:37 PM

How about we take one m-14 style basket and figure out a good hole. We then play it and then move the basket to the next spot and so on.

At least until the Parks Police show up and threaten to arrest us...

sidewinder22 01-13-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredVegasDGC (Post 1187584)
How about we take one m-14 style basket and figure out a good hole. We then play it and then move the basket to the next spot and so on.

At least until the Parks Police show up and threaten to arrest us...

I'd be more worried about sharpshooters taking more aggressive action.

FredVegasDGC 01-13-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidewinder22 (Post 1187605)
I'd be more worried about sharpshooters taking more aggressive action.

It's funny you mentioned that. Two years ago during Rolling Thunder the President was flying in on Marine 1 and on every roof top was a sniper team. They just popped up. It's kind of unnerving.

sidewinder22 01-13-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredVegasDGC (Post 1187883)
It's funny you mentioned that. Two years ago during Rolling Thunder the President was flying in on Marine 1 and on every roof top was a sniper team. They just popped up. It's kind of unnerving.

I'll just say I've had some close encounters at work with snipers downtown. :eek: