Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Course Development (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Two new courses in Carmel, IN this summer! (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53829)

MacDaddy 01-26-2012 11:45 PM

Two new courses in Carmel, IN this summer!

There will be two new courses in Carmel this summer! One will be an 18-hole, multi-tee and multi-pin layout, with everything from heavy, to med, to light woods, to wide open and even some water. At Hazel Landing Park, 106th & Hazel Dell Parkway.

The other is going to be at Lawrence Inlow Park, on 131st St just East of Hazel Dell Parkway. It will be a 9-hole recreational level course and will be ADA certified. :hfive:

Jukeshoe 01-26-2012 11:46 PM

Niiiice!!! :thmbup:

kingjames1014 01-27-2012 12:03 AM

wow! these 2 new courses real close to Dillon park and Northview church? that's sweet!

MacDaddy 01-30-2012 04:21 PM

... a little more...

The Hazel Landing, 18-hole course, will have Red and Blue tee pads, and nice signage at both tees. The park is in a floodplain along White River, it has some beautifull old growth sycamore, walnut, oak and other hardwoods. There is an old farm levy along the river which will come into play on parts of the course. Also some areas that were fields, but were reforested about 11-12 years ago and are doing great! And another more open area that was farm fields, but has had more recent and lighter replanting done. A very nice mix of flora and some nice fauna too, with lots of raccoon, oppossum, deer, coyote, hawks, owls and lots of other birds. It is a very nice piece of land to walk.

The recreational 9-hole course at Lawrence Inlow park will be ADA (Americans with Disabilites Act) certified, and has some other very nice amenities, including bathroms, a big pergola with built in grills, tables and benches. Plus a sweet, zero-entry, splash park in the middle of it all. Lots of benchs with moms and kids in the summer. There is also a small woods with two different kids playgrounds. This park is practically across the street from The Hill @ Northview Church course.

Gonna be a fun summer! :thmbup:

kingjames1014 01-30-2012 11:31 PM

that sounds fantastic! I hope there won't be any flooding concerns with Hazel landing. Who will design these? just asking.

Jukeshoe 01-30-2012 11:52 PM

Keep us posted as things develop! :thmbup:

"in a floodplain"...i.e., rampant mosquitoes. :D

MacDaddy 01-31-2012 01:38 PM

yes, but...

Yes it is in a floodplain. Anything by White River will be, and yes there will be mosquitoes, but any woods will have those. :\

Both courses will be designed by yours truely. :D

Jukeshoe 01-31-2012 02:19 PM

Have you designed before? If so, which courses? It's doubtful that I'd have played any of them, but ya never know. :)

MacDaddy 01-31-2012 03:35 PM

Yep

Got my first experience working with Henry Aldridge and Jerry Suiter on Brookside Park and Washington Park (East and West courses, for the 1992 PDGA Am Worlds, the West course is gone).

I have done several other courses over the years, including 6 courses last year; The Hill @ Northview Church, Hillcrest Park in Vincennes, Biddle Park in Sheridan, Eagle Eye DGC @ The Indiana School for the Blind and Visually Impaired, Cumberland Park in Fishers and Living Waters DGC @ New Creations.

Besides the two courses in Carmel, I'm currently working on one in Anderson and three other towns across Indiana. And I'm a member of the PDGA Course Designers Group. :thmbup:

Jukeshoe 01-31-2012 04:52 PM

Very cool! :thmbup: