Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Lat64 Riot (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57786)

aajpity 03-13-2012 03:41 PM

Lat64 Riot

How fast is this disc actually? Is it comparable to a Wraith or Boss??

bdodson 03-13-2012 03:53 PM

wraith. it bombs too, throw one

plastic cannon 03-13-2012 03:55 PM

riot is pretty money. i had one for a long time and just lost it about a week ago. goes real far, and is comfy in the hand.

Um... 10-05-2012 06:33 PM

Bumping this cuz I'd like to hear more about the Riot. I'm especially interested in it's claim to be a good low-ceiling driver.

Riot owners, talk about this disc!

ElementZ 10-05-2012 06:39 PM

The Riot and the Opto Flow are hands down my go-to drivers. On average, I throw my Riot about 380-400 feet on a relatively straight line with a predictable fade kicking in at about 330 or so. It flips about 15 degrees or so when I'm throwing full power and trying to keep it under 20 feet.

cooktastic 10-05-2012 06:40 PM

What's the benefit (if any) over their Flow...which is the same exact numbers with the exception of better glide? Why 2 discs in their lineup with such close numbers?

ElementZ 10-05-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooktastic (Post 1636484)
What's the benefit (if any) over their Flow...which is the same exact numbers with the exception of better glide? Why 2 discs in their lineup with such close numbers?

My Flow glides slightly farther since it has a bit more high speed turn. The Gold line flows are noticeably less stable as well.

Um... 10-05-2012 06:45 PM

So does the Riot do better on low laser beam shots compared to the Flow? I throw Swords and am thinking that the Riot is probably close to the same disc with more high speed turn.

ElementZ 10-05-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Um... (Post 1636488)
So does the Riot do better on low laser beam shots compared to the Flow? I throw Swords and am thinking that the Riot is probably close to the same disc with more high speed turn.

My Riot and Flow are very similar, but it depends largely on the individual disc and it's stage of wear. Latitude's discs aren't super consistent.

General Scales 10-05-2012 06:52 PM

The Riot is a great disc it's just not my cup of tea. It's a power player disc for sure. Snap it hard and it will hold a very straight line with moderate fade at the end (between the fade of a Wraith and a Destroyer). It can take a lot of torque and arm speed. In Opto, it's basically bullet proof. I haven't thrown them in Gold Line before but I would guess that they would be a tick less stable but have more glide to it (this assumption is made through every other Latitude disc I have thrown in both plastics). They definitely are a low line disc. You can throw them 10 feet off the ground and get 350-400 feet out of them if you have that kind of power. I know a lot of people that use them for Sidearm flex shots cause they will fight to come back. My one real complaint and the reason that I no longer throw the disc is because of the rim. It's got a weird outward curve on the rim like it's a super plus mold. While it's supposed to aid in cleaner release, it always felt weird in my hand. This is probably why more people side arm the disc then throw it back hand. Pretty decent for overhands too. It's got a medium flip over rate.

Of course, the only way your going to find out if you like it is to grab one and throw it for yourself. The ones I always threw was 171-172. Hope this helps