Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Wizard/magic gateway craze (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66187)

BirdmanCR 06-22-2012 04:52 PM

Wizard/magic gateway craze

what makes these putters so special??

Technohic 06-22-2012 04:55 PM

Time and loyalty.

dmbrun2 06-22-2012 04:56 PM

When I got my hpp wizard I felt like harry potter grabbing his wand for the first time. Just felt right.

Ya I went there

garublador 06-22-2012 04:58 PM

The Wizard is so well liked because it's a slight improvement over what was the best putter out there (BB Aviar) before it came out and it comes in as good, if not better plastic.

Bamm 06-22-2012 04:59 PM

Plus you can get it in about any choice of firmness/softness or flexibility if you try/look hard enough.

BirdmanCR 06-22-2012 05:00 PM

I throw only discraft i picked up a magic and a wizard and wasnt impressed. Then again who am I. Ive just been noticing threads of like LOAD and LOADs of them.

Soups 06-22-2012 05:02 PM

It's a conundrum for me too. I got one recently, and the plastic feels so much nicer than DX. Unfortunately I've gotten used to putters without beads (I like the standard Aviar P&A), so I'm not sure of them thus far despite the praise they receive here.

Bamm 06-22-2012 05:03 PM

Putt with what works for you, it's mostly mental from up close anyway............

mjoyce 06-22-2012 05:08 PM

I've been putting with dx aviars since I started. I buy plastic online because there's no shop close to me. The aviar has worked fine for me and I figure if I stink at putting it's probably more me than the disc. I drive with a star bb aviar and that works fine for me also.

I will say that a guy on my card at leagues putts with them and I was checking out his wizards and the plastic feels awesome. If I wanted to switch and try another putter mold I'd have to give gateway a shot.

The only thing that concerns me about the wizards is this
Quote:

Plus you can get it in about any choice of firmness/softness or flexibility if you try/look hard enough.
Without having a store nearby that sells them I don't know what my odds are like finding another one that felt the same as the other one I was checking out. Maybe one day I'll give them a go.

CTRobuck 06-22-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbrun2 (Post 1469729)
When I got my hpp wizard I felt like harry potter grabbing his wand for the first time. Just felt right.

Ya I went there

Sadly I kind of agree, except mine was an Eraser and and now an Ultra flexy RFF. I have tried every putter on the market, and the Wizard is just the best feeling disc I have ever held. Granted Gateway can be a little inconsistent as far as weight and flexibility, get a few different ones and find the one that feels right and hold on to it tight and use it over and over to break it in. Then you will have a putter for life!!!!