Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vacations & Road Trips (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Albuquerque NM advice needed (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69363)

IHearChains 07-31-2012 02:31 PM

Albuquerque NM advice needed

I have one day to golf in Albuquerque area, and looking for a true destination course, one to write home about. Looks to be 2.5 hours drive to Sipapu. Is it pay to play and if so do you need to contact them in advance? When does it close for season? Is Sipapu the best option, or are there other ones I'm missing that are closer to Albuquerque? Thanks for the advice!

Skulboy 07-31-2012 03:14 PM

Brent Baca was my favorite course in the Albuquerque are.
Play early and bring lots of water.

alpha_dave 07-31-2012 10:35 PM

Sipapu is awesome. its not a short drive from Albuquerque, but worth it. it is free to play, and i imagine the course will be open until it starts snowing. in the same area near Taos there is also Two Grey Hairs DGC (small pay to play) and Picuras Pueblo DGC (several interesting Basket placements), both are worth playing if you are going to drive all the way up there...or you can try and play Sipa twice...

If you are staying in Albuquerque, def play Brent Baca, it is a very unique course.

IHearChains 08-01-2012 12:16 PM

Thanks for the input, and if anyone else wants to add more, I'd welcome it!
:thmbup:

atl scott 08-01-2012 11:28 PM

I was driving through town 2 days ago and decided to play brent baca. I had a blast (actually randomly met 2 other guys out there which really helped with course navigation). I think a "course rating" of 3.5 may be about right but I would rate it a 4 because I had so much fun. The course is crazy. I took around 100 pictures. I 2nd the advice to bring water!

wake_rider 08-02-2012 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHearChains (Post 1535176)
I have one day to golf in Albuquerque area, and looking for a true destination course, one to write home about. Looks to be 2.5 hours drive to Sipapu. Is it pay to play and if so do you need to contact them in advance? When does it close for season? Is Sipapu the best option, or are there other ones I'm missing that are closer to Albuquerque? Thanks for the advice!

When are you going to be out there?

IHearChains 08-02-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake_rider (Post 1538689)
When are you going to be out there?

late Sept

wake_rider 08-03-2012 06:02 PM

Ah. I ask because I'm going to be in Taos in about 2 weeks on a little get away with the wife and child, but I really wanted to get in a round or two in the area. I would have met up with you, however, we'll obviously be there different dates.

I'll let you know which I hit up and how I felt about them so you can get some info from another outsider to the area.

IHearChains 08-07-2012 02:51 PM

good, thanks, I'll be looking for your post!

aksargon14 08-07-2012 06:59 PM

Brent Baca is pretty sweet. Bring lots of water. It has sweet man made objects that were pretty unique. I also have played Roosevelt park and it was a nice park course. Crowded with non golfers on weekends and homeless people are abundant. If your up north at all I would highly recommended Lions Dens DGC in Farmington. I drove down from Durango every weekend to golf. (also because you couldn't buy beer in Colorado on Sunday's at the time)