Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bag Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   I don't have a bag, bag. (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70171)

GripEnemy 08-10-2012 05:27 PM

I don't have a bag, bag.

Figured since A. I sold my bag and now only carry 6-8 discs, and B. I changed my molds so much, it may just be time for a new bag thread.

=====

Distance(s): Magnet - 300'+, QJLS - 380'+, Cannon - 430'+

===================

Drivers:
172 1.2 Q-OLF (8/10) - stable line shaper
175 Candy Q-JLS (6/10) - beat up and wonderful.... anything-you-need driver

Mids:
174 FLX Drone (flies 6, looks 8/10) - significantly less stable than your average Drone...some magic can be worked with this thing
169 Opto Fuse (8/10) - workhorse

Putters:
174 4-Chains Magnet [firm/hard] (7/10) - main putter
169 OOP Z Magnet (8/10) - driving putter < yes I'm aware it's not overstable, thanks though;)

**I'll bring a Pinnacle Rampage and/or an Icon Cannon if I'm playing a course that requires them for more than 3 throws..

BrotherDave 08-10-2012 11:41 PM

I know a back alley surgeon that can turn you into a marsupial. :|

(Z magnet, really? You could always get a Titanic if you want something that flies better than a brick)

B3NDER 08-10-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherDave (Post 1553916)
(Z magnet, really? You could always get a Titanic if you want something that flies better than a brick)

I have to agree here, I got an UGLY as can be orange Z Magnet in a trade at one point that felt just plain awful in my hand. I never threw it, but it felt almost like a challenger, big, bulky and unnatural...

curveball4 08-11-2012 12:05 AM

You throw JLS's further than I throw max d.............I bow down!

GripEnemy 08-11-2012 12:32 AM

Isn't the Titanic larger than the Magnet? Or at least that's what discgolfsweden says.

Thanks both of you! Just wasn't trying to throw "very similar molds" so I grabbed a pair of Zs. Yes they're a little beefy in comparison to the all 4chains I own, but that's usually the case with Champ/Z isn't it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by curveball4 (Post 1553940)
You throw JLS's further than I throw max d.............I bow down!

Yeah, but how much better are you at putting than I am? Can't tell you how many times I've parked a 400' hole only to 3 it:o

EDIT: almost forgot!
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherDave (Post 1553916)
I know a back alley surgeon that can turn you into a marsupial. :|

Only you BroD, only you:)

BrotherDave 08-11-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GripEnemyS2K (Post 1553961)
Isn't the Titanic larger than the Magnet? Or at least that's what discgolfsweden says.

If it is, it's not by a lot. I think the Titanic might have a nose spacer.

GripEnemy 08-14-2012 12:09 AM

Lost one of those today...or should I say it disappeared. Threw a second shot on a short hole, torqued it over and landed somewhere I've seen 348546834586485 discs go before. Gone. Searched with myself and 3 other people for a solid 20 minutes to find absolutely nothing.

FML.

So what was everyone saying about the Swan? :wall: lol

tampabay 08-14-2012 01:17 AM

How have you felt about not having a truly overstable driver? I've thought about doing a crazy slim bag but I'd probably do something like a striker/river set up. How is jls olf treating you?

GripEnemy 08-14-2012 01:24 AM

There's a QOLF up there:) They do kinda run together though, both being 4 capital letters and all lol

I think a Striker/River would be great, they're both quite comparable to the Orion and JLS. As for not have a stable mid, even though you didn't ask, I'm perfectly happy without it.

tampabay 08-14-2012 10:49 PM

Yeah but I just wasn't sure how stable your QOLF still was. But I've been learning lately that enough hyzer will almost always do the trick.

And I DID want to ask you about a stable mid but I decided not to, thank you for answering it anyways!

Are there any shots you are struggling to make now that you have the slimmed down bag?