Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Course Development (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Fall Creek Baptist Church, Lawrence Indiana (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71672)

MacDaddy 08-29-2012 12:07 PM

Fall Creek Baptist Church, Lawrence Indiana

Design work has started on a new course at Fall Creek Baptist Church in Lawrence, IN. It is a great open/wooded property that has Fall Creek for its' southern border. Details are still beig worked out, but the front 9 may open this fall and the back 9 (deeper in the woods) would be next spring or summer. Depending on how their fundraising goes. The course is private, but will be open to the public at no charge. Stay tuned! :thmbup:

kingjames1014 08-29-2012 06:11 PM

Sounds great! i will stay tuned.

MacDaddy 09-07-2012 11:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is looking like a pretty nice property. The front 9 starts out fairly open, but has some nice wooded holes too. The back 9 will be quite a bit more heavily wooded. :) They are accepting hole sponsorships now!

kingjames1014 09-09-2012 01:26 PM

looks great! will the creek come into play?

MacDaddy 09-25-2012 02:13 PM

The course is starting to shape up, at least the front nine! :) Looks like it will be Red and Blue tees for each hole, with A and B pin loctions too. So the course will have four different configurations to play!

The front nine is mostly open with some dense treelines defining several holes. There will also be some true, in-the-woods holes, and some exposure to Fall Creek. It is a mostly flat course, except there are the little bumps and drops that goes with most riparian terrain.

The back nine is in a lower section of the property that is currently, completely wild. There are lots of really cool, old growth trees in the area, with some pockets of dense new growth. There will need to be some bush-hogging and some invasive species removal to help define and create fairways. But the work will be well worth it! I've alread seen plenty of deer, blue herons, and tons of small animals and birds!

They are gathering sponsorship $$ for those interested. We could have a staked, object type course this fall and start building in the spring. :thmbup:

MacDaddy 10-22-2012 09:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fundraising continues for this course, it is at about a 40% level of what is needed. Attached is a preliminary layout for the front 9 holes. The back nine will be in an area located to the southeast of this part (down near Fall Creek and in much thicker woods). From hole #8 it will go to a "new" hole #9 and the current #9 will be renumbered #18. Looks like installation in the spring of 2013. :hfive:

Grungedude42 10-22-2012 10:20 PM

Awesome! A new 18 holer on my way home from work! How are the distances working out? Plenty of 300-350' tunnel shots?

MacDaddy 11-12-2012 11:22 PM

The church has completed raising funds for the front 9 holes, and are now focusing on $$ for the back 9. Clearing will start in a month or so, and the front 9 should be in this spring (maybe sooner). The front 9 has the first three holes in a mostly open area, bordered by thick tree rows; 4, 5, 6, are part or all, in some very nice woods that border Fall Creek (#5 will eat your plastic, grungedude, bring the mega-retriever). Hole 7 has options, long BIG open turnover or short straight tunnel shot through the woods, more wooods on #8, and then a killer uphill/open/woods #9!

When the back-9 goes in (summer/fall of 2013), it will be in a heavily wooded floodplain that borders Fall Creek. Lots of lumber in there and at least three holes along the creek (thinking about you, grungedude). :D

DGRZ001 11-13-2012 03:21 PM

Man, my old stomping grounds! I graduated from Lawrence Central HS, before I knew what DG was (mainly because there were probably only a dozen courses or so in the ground when I graduated).

Grungedude42 11-13-2012 03:25 PM

I'll bring the hip waders! Is the creek shallow enough to see bottom? Or is it a black hole/pit of despair? I'll start stocking up on cheap, used wizards, lol.