Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Texas States 2013 (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72377)

BigE 09-11-2012 03:15 PM

Texas States 2013

I just saw that they announced on Facebook that Texas States will be moving to Austin for 2013 Texas States. I really like the way it has been run the last couple of times I have attended just always hated playing Tom Bass. Let's see what Austin can present in the way of courses. Any guesses on the new locations? My guess would be Dripping Springs because we could all stay in one Complex.

giles 09-11-2012 03:17 PM

Bet it is at Old Settlers.... :D

booter 09-11-2012 03:20 PM

roy g :)

jsc430 09-11-2012 03:36 PM

I think this is good news. Austin offers better courses and a wider range of difficulty. I always heard that a change of city was not wanted b/c Houston Flying Disc Society owned the rights to the name. Even though I'm from Houston, that's aload of Bull****.

And yes, tom bass blows a BIG one. I've also heard/read that the other disc sports have not been taken care of. Either that should change and be organized or they should just gut everything but golf.

BigE, what did you think of 2011 down at Jack Brooks?

pablo.diablo 09-11-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giles (Post 1603324)
Bet it is at Old Settlers.... :D

Good lord I hope not, there are SOOOO many better courses here. Circle C, Roy G, Austin Ridge, Met Center just to name a few. Twin Parks ain't bad, the clubhouse is killer. They already get a ton of tourneys there, though.

BigE 09-11-2012 04:37 PM

Crud

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsc430 (Post 1603356)
I think this is good news. Austin offers better courses and a wider range of difficulty. I always heard that a change of city was not wanted b/c Houston Flying Disc Society owned the rights to the name. Even though I'm from Houston, that's aload of Bull****.

And yes, tom bass blows a BIG one. I've also heard/read that the other disc sports have not been taken care of. Either that should change and be organized or they should just gut everything but golf.

BigE, what did you think of 2011 down at Jack Brooks?

I missed that year I have been 2009 and 2012 and hoped when I signed up this year that it would be at Jack Brooks because I really like the videos I saw of that place for 2011. I really think that the courses are boring for a State event. I do understand that they want the venue to be at one complex. It really makes for a better experience for the whole group as opposed top having 3 seperate courses all over the city.

BigE 09-11-2012 04:37 PM

What other complexs in the Austin metro have 2/3 or more courses?

jsc430 09-11-2012 11:18 PM

I found this on the local board. Apparently, round rock/North Austin DG group is fostering the move. Sounds like three badass courses and 10K added!

Texas State Championships 2013
Austin Texas
A-tier with possibility as a NT
Courses
(All concrete boxes with multiple tees except add 9 to Manor)
·Met Center
·R.G. GUERRERO Park
·Manor
Met Center is privately owned and owner has approved use and ensures maintained fairways
R.G Guerrero is Austin City course and has approved use. The event would set presentence of contract for overall use of disc golf course. Maintained fairways have been ensured for use.
Manor is a Travis County park and is approved for use and ensured maintained fairways.
Format
All divisions play 2 round of 18 on Saturday (R.G.,MET. & Manor)
Sunday 27 holes at Manor on tee times (Mike Olse will design 9 temp holes to be added to original 18)

Sponsorship (goal $10,000 added to pro purse, $2,000 added to AMs, and $5,000 added to event expenses)
·$10,000 added from private individual
·Pre event fundraising (disc, tee sign/hole sponsorship)
·Texas club & company sponsorship drive.
Division offered (max 216players)
Three pools
All divisions except Recreation and Intermediate women/men
60 open men
12 open women
32 open masters (men and women)
28 advance masters (men and women)
12 open Grand Masters (men and women)
72 Advance (men and women)

giles 09-12-2012 09:20 AM

In spite of Tom Bass, the year I played TX States it was a top notch event. It will be a tough act to follow. If Vinnie Miller is involved I have no doubt that they will rise to the occation having witnessed the awsomeness that is the TX women's championship. I've not played Met Center but Roy G and Manor are about as good as it get for tournament golf. This should be EPIC.

jsc430 09-12-2012 10:56 AM

^vinnie is heading the effort i austin from what i understand.