Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Disc Golf Courses (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Camp Sankanac (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72577)

wilsondl 09-14-2012 05:26 PM

Camp Sankanac

Planning on playing Sankanac with some buddies of mine this Sunday, has anyone played it since the camp closed down for the Summer and or does anyone even know if its open to the public yet.

wilsondl 09-17-2012 10:31 AM

Well first round at Sankanac is in the books and my bags a little lighter as a result of an errant tee shot on the FIRST DAMN hole. Recovered decently after it just to fall apart on the back 9. The Camp got the best of me but wow what a course. Happy to have it in the mix this fall.

Eco81 09-17-2012 11:20 AM

I played 36 holes there this weekend and shot 6 up both rounds. I really love that course. Every hole is different and the water plus ob on a couple holes make it really fun. The course is now open on Saturdays and there be a new hole added sometime soon with more improvements in early 2013

wilsondl 09-17-2012 05:38 PM

Where did you hear it was open on Saturday...when i was there Sunday the sign at the first tee said it was closed...I cant wait for the new holes its hard to make a place like Sank better but adding a couple more holes would certainly do the trick.

cheddapig 09-20-2012 07:02 PM

Yea it is open Saturdays. Two weeks ago I played my best round there of a 53. Including a 2 on hole 6. Last Saturday holes 17 and 18 were closed due to campers shooting clay pigeons. I havent heard where the new holes will be though. Anyone know?

wilsondl 09-21-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheddapig (Post 1617339)
Yea it is open Saturdays. Two weeks ago I played my best round there of a 53. Including a 2 on hole 6. Last Saturday holes 17 and 18 were closed due to campers shooting clay pigeons. I havent heard where the new holes will be though. Anyone know?

Damn cheddapig a 2 on 6 is mighty impressive..Where did your drive put you in the field to set you up for a 2...I wish they had shut 16 down when I was there it was the final straw on what was a major melt down on the back nine. It is certainly nice to hear that everyone gets to enjoy the course an extra day..Im also very curious where the new holes are going to be a hope some ones got some good intel on that...

Eco81 09-21-2012 11:25 AM

there was a facebook post about the course being open on saturdays and they mentioned at least one new hole in early 2013 and 3 or 4 more after that one is installed. I spoke with Pastor Jeff and he sasid he knew where the holes were going to be.

i also heard that they were going to try and get a true par 5. they might remove hole 13, the hard dogleg right with the mad made fence. and when you come off of the tunnel hole you would walk to the right and then play down that long tunnel where you walk from hole 13 to hole 14. That would make a for a very nice long par 5 and get rid of the long walk. they would have to do some serious clean out on both side of the fairway but it would be fun as hell. long and tight

and I hope they make the holes to the right off of the basket on hole 17. to play up and over the water, up the hill and into the woods up the hill from the tee pad and fairway of hole 18. but who knows.

wilsondl 09-21-2012 02:41 PM

Thanks for the update Eco, cutting out the walk and replacing it with a long tight par 5 would amp the course up for sure (as well as my frustration level)

Eco81 09-21-2012 02:45 PM

totally agree and with a couple otherchanges to the existing holes the course could be UNREAL

discNDav 09-22-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eco81 (Post 1618312)
they might remove hole 13, the hard dogleg right with the mad made fence.

I sure hope so, that's my least favorite hole on the course.