Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bag Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   davetherocketguy's Bag o' weirdness (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73382)

davetherocketguy 09-30-2012 11:01 PM

davetherocketguy's Bag o' weirdness
 
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: ~8 but it's been very off and on. Sometimes over a year between rounds
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: Right
Throwing Style:RHFH on drives, RHBH on most everything else
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Putter: 150/180, Mid: 200/240, Driver: 280/320


Optional:
Age: 40 YIKES
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: Left foot issues
Other sport proficiencies?: Are rockets a sport?
Additional Information: I like turtles
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: I freaking love my bag right now - but it's a little empty.
Specific areas of desired feedback: I have $20 burning a hole in my wallet and I need ideas of what I could add
Immediate and long-term goals: Lower my score. :thmbup:



Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
  • 171 / Z / Discraft Flash / 6/10 / FH drives
  • 172 / Champ / Innova Sidewinder / 6/10 / BH Drives and rollers
  • 171 / Opto / Lat64 River / 9/10 / BH Drives

Mids:
  • 168 / ESP / Discraft Buzzz / 9/10 / BH approaches needing slight fade
  • 170 / X Line / Vibram Obex / 9/10 / BH approaches needing a lot of fade or are in heavy wind
  • 171 / Z Line / Discraft Comet / 9/10 / BH approaches or when I need a disc to show me form flaws

Putters:
  • 171 / Z / Discraft Soft Banger GT / 7/10 / Putting - duh
  • 173 / DX / Innova Aviar P&A / 6/10 / Putting
  • 150 / DX / Innova Aviar P&A / 7/10 / Putting - not completely sure why I bought this one. It was a while ago...

davetherocketguy 10-01-2012 09:22 AM

Really? No one?

Everstreet121 10-01-2012 09:36 AM

Teebird or a Saint as a straight/stable compliment to the River possibly.

tdschrock1 10-01-2012 09:42 AM

It looks like you've got most things covered. You could probably use something slightly overstable in the control driver slot. You could choose between: Saint, Teebird, Eagle, OLF, PD and other non-warp speed options

Scared_Discless 10-01-2012 10:13 AM

Do you throw any putters off the tee pad or use them for upshots?

I'd drop the 150 Aviar & find a putter to fill the short drive/approach role.

I'd also drop the Flash and add a light PD or two. A P-line will be plenty stable at 320' max and will
beat into a dead straight thrower and a S-line will be stable for a very long time. Both will compliment the Sidewinder and River.

Dan Ensor 10-01-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scared_Discless (Post 1629814)
Do you throw any putters off the tee pad or use them for upshots?

I'd drop the 150 Aviar & find a putter to fill the short drive/approach role.

I'd also drop the Flash and add a light PD or two. A P-line will be plenty stable at 320' max and will
beat into a dead straight thrower and a S-line will be stable for a very long time. Both will compliment the Sidewinder and River.

Why drop the Flash for a PD? The Flash is a dead straight thrower that will be stable for a very long time.

I'd add a massively overstable disc. A trident, predator, whippet, maybe a drone or gator, but I think fairway drivers are much more versatile.

I'd pick between the aviar and banger. I don't see a point in having both, and there are definitely some serious draw-backs to having 2 putters that share duties.

davetherocketguy 10-01-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Ensor (Post 1630440)
Why drop the Flash for a PD? The Flash is a dead straight thrower that will be stable for a very long time.

I'd add a massively overstable disc. A trident, predator, whippet, maybe a drone or gator, but I think fairway drivers are much more versatile.

Funny you mention that. I actually have a Discraft Z Xtreme which is a 3.0 on the DC stability ranking that I forgot to list in my original post. It's kinda fun to throw something so wildly overstable and it actually comes in pretty handy sometimes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Ensor (Post 1630440)
I'd pick between the aviar and banger. I don't see a point in having both, and there are definitely some serious draw-backs to having 2 putters that share duties.

I agree. I've only been putting with my Banger lately. Just have never been too sure what to do with those Avians. I like the idea of a driving putter, maybe an overstable one. Recommendations? I would rather stick with Discraft or try another Vibram, Lat64 or an MVP. I've looked at the Vibram VP and that seems interesting.

Dan Ensor 10-01-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davetherocketguy (Post 1630577)
I like the idea of a driving putter, maybe an overstable one. Recommendations? I would rather stick with Discraft or try another Vibram, Lat64 or an MVP. I've looked at the Vibram VP and that seems interesting.

I use a Zone and APX. They cover all the shots I need to cover. (I have a SP line Reef that's more stable than an X APX, but the same mold)

My buddy uses a Banger. There aren't many shots he can't cover with a beat D and ESP Banger GT.

I love to drive with any putter, so I'm probably not the person to ask. If you like the banger, I'd grab some more. If not, try out some others.

I've never bought a putter to putt with.

RUSSELL 10-01-2012 09:47 PM

i have success driving with a soft focus

and a comet is a great disc- not just to show form flaws. it goes wherever you want it to go!

Scared_Discless 10-01-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Ensor (Post 1630440)
Why drop the Flash for a PD? The Flash is a dead straight thrower that will be stable for a very long time.

I've found the Flash to be understable and feel it would compete with the Sidewinder. A P-PD is also a dead straight driver while the S-PD will have Firebird stability and it's also a great sidearm driver.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.