Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Offended when the Short Tee is referred to as the Amateur Tee? (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73400)

Brall 10-01-2012 10:54 AM

Offended when the Short Tee is referred to as the Amateur Tee?

Are you offended when the Short Tee is referred to as the Amateur Tee? After all, pro's and amateurs play both tees all the time.

When deciding to play the Longer or Shorter Tee's it really has nothing to do with the Longs being considered more 'manly'. In fact, from my experience, it's the complete opposite as I see the Short Tee's played more often by others.

Breaking down the words in definition I realize that 'Pro' does not mean 'manly' as used above but you understand my meaning.

This subject is somewhat related to this thread, Long tees or short tees. Bring back the old thread and let us know what you use, Long or Short?

Martin Dewgarita 10-01-2012 10:55 AM

I just call it the ladies' tee.

dusty5150 10-01-2012 10:58 AM

my 2 home courses have dual tees, and more often than not they are a completely different shot, sometimes longer, but sometimes not. so IMO playing different tees is like playing a different course and has nothing to do with manliness or amateur vs. professional.

Brall 10-01-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin Dewgarita (Post 1629857)

i've played with a lot of people who were playing for the very first time and the majority of them referred to the Short Tee's as the Ladies Tee without being prompted.

as for my opinion i'm not offended at all what they are referred to but i could understand why someone might be annoyed by it.

pspunch 10-01-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

lol, me too. i don't think there's any reason to be offended unless you're insecure about yourself/your play.

Longs/Shorts, Mens/Womens, Pro/Am... they're just pads...

1978 10-01-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

+1

If you are offended, put on your bigboy (or girl) pants and play a division that plays the Men's tees.

nomex 10-01-2012 11:05 AM

I like it when courses have a different shot for the closer tee. Sometimes I just need to work on my Midranges/P&A discs, but the drivers come out of the bag too easily on the longer tees. Distance isn't everythings, and some people would benefit from a few rounds from the short tees.

DavidSauls 10-01-2012 11:12 AM

LOL....I've never ever heard short tees referred to as "Amateur Tees"!

Like many things on this discussion board, this thread needs some context. How long/short are the long/short tees you're thinking of? Because I can think of places where the long tee is 220' and the short tee is 120'; you can't say most people are playing the short, or real men should step up and play the long.

Jay Dub 10-01-2012 11:16 AM

Offended by what someone calls a tee?

This place has finally gone over the top. :gross: :wall:

Brall 10-01-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 1629899)
LOL....I've never ever heard short tees referred to as "Amateur Tees"!

todays HOD for example