Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technique & Strategy (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Trying to choose a good disc to throw far (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73432)

DiscGolfMaster 10-01-2012 09:10 PM

Trying to choose a good disc to throw far

I just realized today that I never turned away from basket/fairway on a distance drive (say 400+ ft) in my run up. I always kept my eye on my target. Therefore my distance was hindered.

So now today I threw some amazingly hard shots with such an awesome feeling snap, it was incredible! But its seems I throw too hard for most of my discs now. My Vulcan, beat up wraith, and beat up destroyer turn over too hard to the right and never fade back. And my teerex doesn't turn enough, because it isn't supposed too I don't think. Should I practice throwing a hyzer flip maybe? I tried that a little but I don't feel comfortable when it snaps out and I don't seem to be able to control it very well.

Or is there a disc that would do a nice "S" curve for me considering what I have told you?

Before I could hit 350 with my vulcan, but I kinda had to force it to anhyzer a little, I couldn't just rely on its understableness. Now I'm not sure if I throw it too hard or something. I did have a little head wind today and that might be whats giving me my trouble.

I have been playing for a long time, but I've just been learning RHBH the past 2 years.

sidewinder22 10-01-2012 09:29 PM

Step down from the high speed discs.

AndyJB 10-01-2012 09:39 PM

I do t think you can actually throw a Vulcan or a Destroyer too hard. Maybe a Wraith, but you need an unbelievable cannon. Not trying to feed the trolls but this doesn't really make sense.Post a video of your drive in the critique section. I guarentee you that you are not throwing too hard, no offense.

Silentwolfy 10-01-2012 09:41 PM

You said they're beat up, have you tried comparing them to newer ones same plastic and similar weight?

DiscGolfMaster 10-01-2012 09:52 PM

Haven't got a chance to throw a newer wraith or destroyer.

I agree that it doenst make sense that I could throw them too hard. The discs would start off level then go right steeply and then either crash still going right, or just start to level off before they hit the ground.

The wraith was the worst. Even throwing it at a steep left angle, it would quickly level itself off and then go right, crazy I know. Thanks for the help so far. Elaborate more on not throwing high speed discs though.

dmbrun2 10-01-2012 09:54 PM

get a new disc of all of those and see if it helps?

KniceZ 10-01-2012 10:33 PM

If you're not throwing speed 9-10 discs 350+ you're probably not getting much advantage throwing 13s. I'm currently maxing out at about 325 and it doesn't really mater if I throw an Archon/Star Beast or a Boss/Havoc. But the high speed discs are much more form sensitive so I don't bother to throw them.

Search for "discing down" threads.

Natten 10-01-2012 10:51 PM

I recommend the xpress.

General Scales 10-01-2012 10:51 PM

Really it sounds like a case of OAT to me. The only way to tell though is to have a video accompanying this post.

prerube 10-01-2012 10:57 PM

Torque monkeys think they throw too hard to make themselves feel better.

You are not throwing too hard, just wrong.