Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technique & Strategy (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Tunnel/Low Shot (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73487)

Thrake 10-02-2012 05:15 PM

Tunnel/Low Shot
 
I looking for advice on how to throw a mid/fairway disc low and completely flat. I have to basket at my home course that is placed within multiple lines of pine trees. Every time I tee off at said hole my disc hyzers just enough to clip the bottom of the trees. Any advice or disc suggestion would help.

Thanks

sloppydisc 10-02-2012 05:19 PM

It might be a disc selection you are having. If you are throwing something stable or over stable tunnels can be tough. I usually throw a neutral or under stable mid. A light Core or Warship work well for me on a low line. And depending on the hole sometimes it works better to throw a under stable driver and hyzer flip it. It just depends on the length and what the ceiling allows on that hole.

humchris85 10-02-2012 05:26 PM

I tend to just throw a TL, Buzzz, or Roc, low and straight and not at 100% of power.

scunham 10-02-2012 05:35 PM

I use a really beat dx beast or my z stalker works really well for low straight tunnel shots

ZDotHalbach 10-02-2012 05:36 PM

How long is the hole? How tall are the trees? And what course are you playing?

foo_g 10-02-2012 05:57 PM

I can start a forehand shot a lot lower than I can a backhand.
Have you tried that?

RPS2012 10-02-2012 06:02 PM

i like to forehand tunnels alot and if thats not there for me than i hyzer flip my beat to **** pro leo

Thrake 10-02-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZDotHalbach (Post 1631903)
How long is the hole? How tall are the trees? And what course are you playing?

The hole is number 7 at UW-BC, 382 feet and the basket is to the right of the tee. My first shot is normally a nice anhyzer that line me up with the basket. My 2nd and 3rd shot get clipped by the trees. The bottom limbs are about 6 to 7 feet high.

Thrake 10-02-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foo_g (Post 1631926)
I can start a forehand shot a lot lower than I can a backhand.
Have you tried that?

My sidearm games is badddddd!

Smigles 10-02-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrake (Post 1631936)
The hole is number 7 at UW-BC, 382 feet and the basket is to the right of the tee. My first shot is normally a nice anhyzer that line me up with the basket. My 2nd and 3rd shot get clipped by the trees. The bottom limbs are about 6 to 7 feet high.

Understable driver, lean into the throw, keep it looooooow. You can get within putting distance with a nice hyzerflip that keeps straight most of the flight.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.