Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bags / Carts / Straps / Tags (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   which backpack bag is best (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73639)

freakinwizzz 10-05-2012 04:14 AM

which backpack bag is best

i've finally saved up almost enough to get a backpack bag. I'm thinkin hyzerbomb flak but a lot of em look nice and are not that much more. what do you guys say? only thing i have against the prodiscus bag is the guy won't answer any of my emails or PMs and its gonna take a long time to get here.

AirMcNair 10-05-2012 04:20 AM

Mystery ranch hands down

Tiny 10-05-2012 05:06 AM

I was going to get a gorilla boy simian, then I tried on a grip eq at dynamic disc store. I bought it on the spot. It's great comfort and support, but I'm a noobie so I'll let others give their opinions instead.

BADman 10-05-2012 07:18 AM

ive tried on a revo dual, and a grip. the grip was far more comfy. cant wait for november, its going to be an anniversary gift :D

yangs1 10-05-2012 07:28 AM

I have a Gateway Ozark and it's solid. Not all the bells and whistles but a quality bag.

Troy Jan 10-05-2012 07:47 AM

The mystery ranch is a great bag. I loved it before then took it on a four day , ten course trip through hills of pittsburgh and west Virginia will never give it up.Comfortable , enough space for whatever you want to bring including rain gear, and a layer of durability not seen in the competition.

kw83028 10-05-2012 07:54 AM

I've only tried the Grip and the Flak. In my eyes the Grip wins hands down between the 2. I thought the Flak was extremely uncomfortable compared to the Grip. I bought a used Grip for $100 with sole intentions of flipping it for a profit, until I tried it for a round. Extremely comfortable and holds everything that I need. Definitely won't be selling it now lol.

discddwn 10-05-2012 08:16 AM

Mahal. Best padding on shoulders and back which gives awesome support. The yoke system which conforms to your back making this hands down the most comfortable bag. Enough storage to hold anything you could possibly need plus the option to collapse the side compartments for a more compact look. I keep looking at a grip but know while it looks more stylish, it's not as comfortable and the discs won't be as easy to get out as the mahal.

jasonc 10-05-2012 08:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BADman (Post 1635748)
ive tried on a revo dual, and a grip. the grip was far more comfy. cant wait for november, its going to be an anniversary gift :D

I have used both the Revo dual pack and the Grip Eq for extended periods of time. Grip is the way to go from my experience. Just over a year now with the Grip and it is still in excellent condition, just like the day it arrived as "lightly used" from another DGCR member. A recent pic from Brian Head DGC in Utah is attached.

Having said all of that, I am intrigued by the Mahal. However, I would not spend that kind of money without giving it a short test drive or at least trying one on.

VictorB 10-05-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakinwizzz (Post 1635728)
i've finally saved up almost enough to get a backpack bag. I'm thinkin hyzerbomb flak but a lot of em look nice and are not that much more. what do you guys say? only thing i have against the prodiscus bag is the guy won't answer any of my emails or PMs and its gonna take a long time to get here.

Just an observation about your poll here:

You're going to get more people saying the grip is better, simply because so many more people own it when compared to the others.