Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bag Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Plastic cannon's new bag. (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73651)

plastic cannon 10-05-2012 02:41 PM

Plastic cannon's new bag.

So I have simplified things quite a bit since the last time I did one of these. Here she is:

*Cryztal sparkle nuke. Only use this for wide open distance shots in the 460ft range.

Ti force: This is my go to headwind driver.

ESP and Z avenger: ESP is more stable then the Z. Go to driver.

Z Avenger SS: Rollers, tailwinds.

DGA SP Tsunami. For when I need more fade then my avengers will give me.

ESP pred: Meathook driver.

Z XL: My understable fairway driver. Does a little of everything.

*Mids*

ESP FLX and Z buzzz: These are for anything 340ish and under. FLX is less stable.

Ti wasp X2: Go to mid. Use these for about the same distance as the buzzz, but don't want any turn or left to right action.

Z comet: One of my favorites. It does everything for me.

ESP FLX Drone: Meathook mid. I use this for 200ft flick up shots mostly or super headwind.

ESP FLX challenger: Go to driving putter.

2 Wizards: One putting wizard and one approach wizard.

I have been thinking about adding a tracker for a stable fairway, but don't want to really add another mold. Am I missing anything?

GripEnemy 10-05-2012 09:23 PM

First off I hate the internet cause I sound like an ass in this post, but my tone of voice/body language would say otherwise. Honest questions/opions.

..Can't power down on your Avenger(s) or power up on your Wasps?

You already said it yourself you can throw a Buzzz[Wasp] 350' and only jump to a Nuke for 450'+, seems like 100' should be well within your arsenal of (may involve a non expensive purchase): beat up Predator, powered down Avengers (SS included), hyzerflip an XL, crush a Wasp, or even power down on a Tsunami [never thrown the mold]. That, or throw something FH (assuming you're BH). You may throw a little farther than I can, but I do know what it's like to out drive a majority of others - I feel like power throwers have an advantage here. Where many would obviously throw a driver, you debate throwing a mid hard because you know you can reach it...the question there is control.

I carry OLFs and JLS' and have such a hard time choosing between the two sometimes, it almost hurts me more than it helps me lol...seriously though, between crushing [still within control] a mid and powering down on an OLF it makes for some interesting decisions/results on occasion.

Just some food for thought, curious to hear back.

Tiny 10-05-2012 09:33 PM

All this discraft and no surge. I'm so confused!

The XL and Avenger ss in my opinion, obviously I'm a noobie, are both understable and you could use Avenger SS or XL for the understable throws or rollers.

The force and tsunami are about the same, just a little more speed on the force. Also Predator is like these as well but it's slightly slower than the tsunami.

GripEnemy 10-05-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erthbndr (Post 1636666)
All this discraft and no surge. I'm so confused!

^^^Right!? I was gonna say something, but bit my tongue. Threw those puppies for over 4 years before they left my bag, I still fondle one any time I get a chance:)

Tiny 10-05-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GripEnemyS2K (Post 1636674)
^^^Right!? I was gonna say something, but bit my tongue. Threw those puppies for over 4 years before they left my bag, I still fondle one any time I get a chance:)

I'm on a massive surge kick, ESP Surges without natedoss stamp at 171-173. oh lawddddy.

plastic cannon 10-06-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GripEnemyS2K (Post 1636654)

..Can't power down on your Avenger(s) or power up on your Wasps?

I can and do power down on them, I just find I lose a little control when I do. Either that or I throw hyzers. And if I try and push my Wasps farther then say 350, they start turning or I lose a bunch of control.

Quote:

you debate throwing a mid hard because you know you can reach it...the question there is control.
That's why I throw my mids so much. I feel like I can control them so much better. I have small hands, so maybe that's why.

And the reason I have no surge is because I had a FLX surge that I wanted for a driver with a touch of turn and got a predator pretty much. I got so frustrated with that disc it turned me off of them.

Tiny 10-06-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastic cannon (Post 1636874)

And the reason I have no surge is because I had a FLX surge that I wanted for a driver with a touch of turn and got a predator pretty much. I got so frustrated with that disc it turned me off of them.

flx surges and predators are completely different discs.... I own a flx surge and other surges and I loves em. That kinda sounded mean, didn't mean to come off that way. I own both, and they are completely different. :D

plastic cannon 10-06-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erthbndr (Post 1636878)
flx surges and predators are completely different discs.... I own a flx surge and other surges and I loves em. That kinda sounded mean, didn't mean to come off that way. I own both, and they are completely different. :D

I'm quite aware of the difference lol. What I was saying is the surge was a ton more stable then I thought it should have been.

General Scales 10-06-2012 12:14 AM

I've found that all FLX plastic drivers are more overstable then their counterparts in other plastics. For instance, I had a FLX Avenger that was almost Xtreme overstable. I can't stand FLX plastic in anything but mids and the Challenger mold. Although I would kill for a FLX Ringer. Mmmm, that would be super tasty.

plastic cannon 10-06-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Scales (Post 1636890)
Although I would kill for a FLX Ringer. Mmmm, that would be super tasty.

That would be the driving putter of driving putters. I would love some of those too.