Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Titanium plastic (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73997)

Stankyjahnke 10-12-2012 08:35 PM

Titanium plastic

I was just wondering what this plastic feel like? Does it feel like champion or what is different about from the elite-z plastic? thanks:doh:

KatanaFrenzy 10-12-2012 08:41 PM

I really love my Ti Buzzz. It has the durability of Z/Champion and a tab more slick than ESP/Star. Some people say that Ti is a little more understable than Z but I cannot challenge the statement because I never threw a Z. I can say though that it throws just like an ESP to me.

redwrath 10-12-2012 08:48 PM

Ti plastic is difficult for me to grip, I did find a Ti buzzz at the beginning of the summer and gave it to a friend. He still throws it and it has held up well after serious abuse.

I prefer the grip of z or esp (or even flx, pro d, elite x, crystal, or crystal flx) to Ti. The Ti seems especially slippery, to me, when wet. I'm not sure if the z or esp beats in any faster than Ti.

Stankyjahnke 10-12-2012 09:06 PM

ive got a esp flx buzz and i really like it i was just wondering if i should upgrade to Ti plastic but i like esp plastic better than z so maybe ill stick with mine.

HiFi 10-12-2012 09:09 PM

Ti seems like a gimmick to me. It's basically a less durable Z with a bit tackier grip. I have no problem gripping Z's but to each his own.

codus1984 10-12-2012 09:14 PM

i personally don't like it...i've heard it compared to lat64's gold line...meh....i would rather have esp or z...my 2c

NOSteveLA 10-12-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFi (Post 1644772)
It's basically a less durable Z with a bit tackier grip.

Hardly...I throw 90% Discraft including three Ti discs, I see no durability issues.
This comparison couldn't be more wrong.

the_pwnerator 10-12-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOSteveLA (Post 1644786)
Hardly...I throw 90% Discraft including three Ti discs, I see no durability issues.
This comparison couldn't be more wrong.

Agreed.

However, I don't like the comparison to Lat 64's GL plastic. I think GL is quite a bit grippier.

But we were just talking about this in another thread, grip is subjective between different people.

HiFi 10-12-2012 09:35 PM

Comparing the Ti Buzzz to the Z there is some sort of slight fraying and shredding happening on the edge of the disc that is not present on the Z.

It looks to me like the Ti has a coating on it just like the Lat 64 Gold Line which can have the same problem.

Ti certainly isn't more durable. I have yet to find a plastic that is more durable than Z or Opto, and that includes Champion which I love.

tomsdiscs 10-12-2012 09:43 PM

Based on my experience with Ti, I would not be surprised if sales lagged and Discraft stopped producing it soon. A very high percentage of the discs they ship are seriously warped, and the sharp edged discs (Nuke, Force) get ripped up easily. I have been to at least a dozen stores, and the stock of Ti Buzzzes are always warped, usually pretty seriously. I just did a major road trip up to Tahoe and stopped at several stores on the way and it is the same story, warped Ti discs that have greatly varying flight characteristics, some super duper overstable, some flippy. Z and ESP are at no risk of losing sales to Ti over the long run unless Discraft finds some way to re-cook Ti.