Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Gear (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Under armor cold gear (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74014)

dyepb_16 10-13-2012 12:31 PM

Under armor cold gear

I live in Minnesota and winters coming so its starting to cool down. I plan on playing in the winter as much as possible but want to avoid throwing in a jacket. Just curious if anyone had tried wearing the under amour stuff that keeps you warm and if so if it was worth investing in. I'd more than likely he wearing a hoodie over. So yeah has anyone tried it?

craftsman 10-13-2012 12:36 PM

Ive only tried the ua pants...they work well.
I usually rock them under a pair of nface water resistant pants and if really cold, thermals inbetween.

For the body i use merrel long sleave, thermal, merrel lightweight half zip, merrell fleece half zip, and a bubble vest on top.

Your body will stay suprisingly warm when moving around, its.your hands, neck, & face that will freeze.

dyepb_16 10-13-2012 12:44 PM

That's what I figured. My face is usually fine minus a super runny nose. I planned on bringing some hand warmer and gloves for walking between tosses and holes

FRESH_WAVE 10-13-2012 01:12 PM

I got some under armor cold gear a couple weeks ago. It works well.

pchitti 10-13-2012 01:17 PM

Ive used the starter cold weather gear for a couple of years. Love it, Im a small guy with no extra padding but can go out in 30-40 temp with a long sleeve shirt and wind pants over the gear.

djschnabel 10-13-2012 01:19 PM

@dyepb_16 As a fellow Minnesotan, I recommend buying "muffs" the pouch you see around the waist of FB quarterbacks. You can find them at a local sporting goods store for about $20. I still wear a glove on my left hand, but I never have to use one on my right hand.

Johnny_Crunch 10-13-2012 01:42 PM

UA Cold Gear is amazing. It keeps you real warm and it feels great on. It is too hot for Texas use but I love it when I am on the slopes. You won't need much else while you are wearing it.

little oz 10-13-2012 02:01 PM

UA cold gear works well. But what is even sweeter is that i wear a down vest over it, so my arms are free to throw without the bulkiness of a jacket.

shakatak 10-13-2012 02:40 PM

If you want to spend a fraction of the price the Champion compression shirts at Target are pretty good. I also found some longsleeve compression shirts at Costco this week for $9. It hasn't gotten cold here yet but I wore the Costco shirt and a longsleeve T-shirt for a 45 degree night round this week and was plenty warm. Under Armour is ridiculously overpriced in my opinion.

Prototype 10-13-2012 03:03 PM

I usually buy and wear hunting base layers. You can get them in different temperature ranges. This is good for fall, winter, and spring. All three will cost you the same as one pair of under armor. They aren't the waffle texture thermal underwear either! Nice and soft!!!