Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Illegal over weight discs (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74022)

Matt O 10-13-2012 03:27 PM

Illegal over weight discs

It has come to my attention that a lot of discs don't weigh what's marked on them. Some of them even weigh more than what the PDGA allows. I know of somebody that had a Wraith marked 174g, but it actually weighed 178g. Over the PDGA maximum for a Wraith. How can a manufacturer stamp PDGA approved on a disc that is illegal? Has anyone ever attempted to get a refund/replacement in this situation?

davetherocketguy 10-13-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt O (Post 1645334)
It has come to my attention that a lot of discs don't weigh what's marked on them. Some of them even weigh more than what the PDGA allows. I know of somebody that had a Wraith marked 174g, but it actually weighed 178g. Over the PDGA maximum for a Wraith. How can a manufacturer stamp PDGA approved on a disc that is illegal? Has anyone ever attempted to get a refund/replacement in this situation?

And the evidence is...where?

rocthecourse 10-13-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davetherocketguy (Post 1645343)

What kind of evidence are you looking for?

davetherocketguy 10-13-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocthecourse (Post 1645348)
What kind of evidence are you looking for?

Oh I donno, something other than words posted in a forum?

BigSky 10-13-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davetherocketguy (Post 1645343)

What? This happens ALL the time. For example, Discraft just has a weight range, not even an exact number.

I don't think anyone really cares to be honest. Nobody is going to scale weigh a disc at a tourney because they think it's a couple grams over the limit.

DavidSauls 10-13-2012 03:50 PM

For what it's worth, I believe the "PDGA approved" applies to the mold, not the particular disc.

Matt O 10-13-2012 03:51 PM

The evidence is on the scale. I see discs for sale/trade all of the time that are over the allowed weight.

MrRaider 10-13-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt O (Post 1645334)

God you sound like a BABY BACK BITCH.. lol

Matt O 10-13-2012 03:57 PM

I know it's kind of "splitting hairs", but there is a maximum weight given for each disc on the list of approved ones. There's an 11x Eagle on ebay right now that's scaled at 178g. The maximum weight allowed for an Eagle is 176g.

Matt O 10-13-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrRaider (Post 1645359)
God you sound like a BABY BACK BITCH.. lol

You sound like somebody that gets on the internet to try to make themselves feel better about being a little guy. It's called "little man complex". It's okay, I've met a lot of people like you. You're you and there's nothing that can change that.