Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   My best putter is ... (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75548)

Monkeypaws 11-07-2012 06:32 PM

My best putter is ...

a Shark.

I haven't tried many putters - Aviar P & A is the one I own, and I like it, but I've thrown a friend's Rubber Putter, and that's about it. Hope to try a Pure this week. The Avair sits in my bag at home

I keep a Shark and a Valkyrie in my desk at work, where I can slip away for a quick 9 holes at the course about 5 minutes away. All the approach and putting are done with this Shark.

Anyhoo, I've been banging in putts or just missing from 50-100 feet with a Shark. For a noob, it's uncanny, but I feel it with this disc.

Let this be a testimonial to knowing a disc well, because I played my first 30-40 rounds with nothing but this Shark and its 2 gram lighter sibling (175-77).

BigSky 11-07-2012 06:45 PM

Yep, whatever works for you my friend. Some guys putt with Rocs too. And the Dart is basically a slow glidey midrange/putter. I've putt with my Axis before if I'm close enough to the basket.

Many discs can perform both rolls as approach, and putt.

Monkeypaws 11-07-2012 06:57 PM

I also find the shallow rim easier to control than the deep rim of most putters; however, I need to throw gentle hyzers with a Shark as opposed to straight in with a straight flying putter.

Discovering and learning the capabilities of a particular disc ... so little time, so many juicy new discs....

Nasastevo 11-07-2012 06:58 PM

Whatever works... but

I agree completely with BigSky on the whatever works, however... If you ever play on a really windy course you would probably prefer like a rhyno or even a kc pro aviar. Just saying... Putters are putters and it's all personal preference, but some perform better than others in certain conditions. My fave right now is a SS Wizard. I have two of them max weight (~178g) that I use for almost everything 100' in.

knettles 11-07-2012 07:23 PM

Probably Anode or Ion, just because they're so great at putting and driving.

Monkeypaws 11-07-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nasastevo (Post 1680732)
I agree completely with BigSky on the whatever works, however... If you ever play on a really windy course you would probably prefer like a rhyno or even a kc pro aviar. Just saying... Putters are putters and it's all personal preference, but some perform better than others in certain conditions. My fave right now is a SS Wizard. I have two of them max weight (~178g) that I use for almost everything 100' in.

Again, I'm the voice of ignorance on putters. I like my Aviar, but that is for real golf outings, not slipping away for a quick one. Perhaps having a putter in my drawer ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by knettles (Post 1680772)
Probably Anode or Ion, just because they're so great at putting and driving.

Got a bid in on an Anode on ebay - like the idea of a straight flyer. Looking at the Pure for that reason as well.

whiplash 11-07-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkeypaws (Post 1680783)
Got a bid in on an Anode on ebay - like the idea of a straight flyer. Looking at the Pure for that reason as well.

Pure. FTW. Opto for drives and approaches and zero for banging chains. Get one, you will love it. Truly a point and shoot disc.

cjowo 11-07-2012 08:06 PM

RFF Magic

DiscGolfer16022 11-07-2012 08:09 PM

I have two main and best putters. My go to is a black Soft Focus with standard stamp minus the silver Discraft and Elite X stamp. My second go to is a Black Big Jerm Soft Focus, also with out standard Discraft and Elite X stamps. For my mid-range upshots I have a "watermelon" E-Mac

Tiny 11-07-2012 08:10 PM

RFF Wizard would be my first putter that I've had success with. I have bought many, I don't like many of em. I learned how to putt atleast a little with my wizard and I'd say I'm okay at putting, but I can easily do what I do with any disc that feels comfortable. Lol