Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone ever get whacked by a disc? (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76203)

Monkeypaws 11-18-2012 02:50 PM

Anyone ever get whacked by a disc?

Or whack somebody with your shot?

The closest comparable I can think of would a hockey puck, which hurts like mad and can cut, knock out teeth etc.

I saw a guy sail one over a baby stroller today, got me thinking....

jkdisc 11-18-2012 02:55 PM

i got hit in the mouth with a roc.... the hole in my lip was nearly all the way through. ive never hit anyone myself.

Monkeypaws 11-18-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdisc (Post 1694746)
i got hit in the mouth with a roc.... the hole in my lip was nearly all the way through. ive never hit anyone myself.

Ouch! Stitches?

treehorn 11-18-2012 03:04 PM

Last weekend I fired a full tilt Ti Buzzz that took off "shall we say a little off target" and was heading straight for my buddies head.

Just before it would have plowed in the side of the head I yelled "FOUR" and in almost mid collision he just tilted his head back and it missed him by know more then a 1/8" of an inch.

If it had actually made contact I have no idea what would have happened it was heading straight for his temple and with out a doubt it would have knocked him out cold.

Shortly after I apology's and he told me he felt the wind and sound of it..

Holy ****....

Rol6566 11-18-2012 03:08 PM

I hit my ex gf with a dx shark in my back yard. she went out for her disc and i threw and caught her right in the side of the head. Luckily i wasnt throwing hard, but it did bruise and have a little cut

gianetics 11-18-2012 03:20 PM

my girlfriend's friend threw a thumber and hit me square in the chest. funny thing is i saw her throw it i was juking left and right but the thing was like a heat seeking missile. it plowed into my chest thankfully it missed my head and crotch so i guess it could have been worse.

jkdisc 11-18-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkeypaws (Post 1694748)
Ouch! Stitches?

i could have probably used some but i was very far from a hospital, and it was late at night... i think i have a pic somewhere

elevated plastic 11-18-2012 03:44 PM

I had my lip split open after some guy missed his putt and threw another putt(with his driver). I was next to the basket and after he missed his 10-15 footer I was reaching in for my putter and his frustration shot sliced my lip. My lip bled instantly. Luckily no teeth were hit. I was treated to lunch and beers after the round.

humchris85 11-18-2012 03:50 PM

I've been hit in the back of the head, side of the head, back, and side on different occasions

bazillion 11-18-2012 04:00 PM

I taught my daughter ow to play and she wound up smacking me in the neck off the tee. Only 12 years old at the time but she's got quite an arm.