Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Anny Buzzz (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76980)

5QU166Y 12-01-2012 12:54 PM

Anny Buzzz

OK, now before anyone jumps on me for posting another Buzzz thread, I have done quite a bit of research, and I still don't really have the answer I was looking for, so I'm starting a new thread.

My dilemma is that I need a midrange disc for things like hyzer-flipping into a slight turnover and big right-turning shots. Right now, I have a DX Cobra, and although it does its job nicely, I'd like to replace it with a Buzzz. I have a Z Buzzz for most midrange shots, and a CryZtal FLX Buzzz for upshots/putting (that's a discussion for another day). I love my Buzzzes, and I would like to have only one mold for all of my midrange needs.

Now, I have done some research (as stated previously), and I have narrowed my choices down to an ESP Buzzz or a Pro D Buzzz. I don't have a problem with Elite X plastic, but from what I've read, X Buzzzes tend to be domey, and I don't care for domey discs that much. I don't really care how long it takes for ESP to beat in, I just want to know, once both discs are beat in, which is better for what I want it to do?

TL;DR

I need a flippy Buzzz. ESP or Pro D?

P.S. I know I could just use a Comet or Meteor, but for my sake, please limit the discussion to only the Buzzz mold.

DISCenchanted 12-01-2012 01:04 PM

In all honesty, I don't think a Buzzz is a good mold for the type of shot you're wanting out of it. A Buzzz is intended to be a stable, line holding disc, not an understable mold. Not saying you won't beat one in to understable, but I think it would be more likely to flip up to a straight line than a late turnover like you're looking for. IMO, a Glide, Meteor, or Fuse would be a much better choice. I know you didn't want those suggestions, but I really think they are better for the type of shot you're wanting to throw...

mndiscg 12-01-2012 01:07 PM

Or a Buzzz SS. Slightly different mold but it can do everything a Buzzz can do and more. I'm surprised it doesn't get more love.

discspeed 12-01-2012 01:23 PM

Yeah...The Buzzz mold just seems to dig on an anhyzer instead of staying in the air and penetrating forward on the turn. Once a Buzzz gets beat it flies straight and then fades slight right instead of slight left.

5QU166Y 12-01-2012 01:24 PM

Eh. I was kinda worried about that. I actually found a fuse (don't worry, I called the owner, and he said I could keep it), and it's pretty sweet, but it would be so nice to have only Buzzzes.

So if I can't get a Buzzz to fit the bill, which would feel most like a Buzzz, a Buzzz SS, a Meteor, a Comet, a Fuse, or any other understable mid for that matter? Also, It would be great if I could get it in Z/Champion/other plastic like that.

discspeed 12-01-2012 01:25 PM

Flat GL Fuse.

Okie-J 12-01-2012 01:28 PM

Try a Sirus JLS.

Qbert 12-01-2012 01:29 PM

I have a worn z buzzz that I have for those shots so it is definitely possible to get a buzzz to make those shots but I have also found that sometimes one of my comets is better suited for that role. specifically when I want more right to left movement (LHBH) and a higher ceiling.

5QU166Y 12-01-2012 01:37 PM

OK, so here's my plan (for now):

I'll probably still pick up a Pro D Buzzz (it won't set me back that much lol), and see if I can't beat it in. I'll also give my friend's ESP Buzzz a whirl or two in a field and see what it's like. If I can't find a Buzzz that I like, I'll just use my Fuse (which, incidentally, is GL with a flat-top).

Thanks for the input. Also, if anyone can speak from experience regarding the ESP Buzzz vs the D Buzzz, that would still be greatly appreciated.

AceOnBase 12-01-2012 01:40 PM

Get a Comet in Champion or Z plastic.

It's been my go-to for about 4 months now when I have a tight tunnel shot or a slow-turning anhyzer. I'd like to try a new understable driver and am open to suggestions. I've got a big boy arm and throw predominantly RHBH.