Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Multiples of the Same Mold (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77889)

aceshyze 12-15-2012 06:22 PM

Multiples of the Same Mold

Since I've started playing, I've slowly amassed a decent little collection of discs. I've come across a bunch of molds that I really like, but I only have one of any of the molds I have. For what reasons do you get multiples of the same mold, and for which discs do you do it?

BigSky 12-15-2012 06:26 PM

I have multiples of almost all my molds. And I definitely have multiples of all the molds in my bag. The one type of disc you NEED a few of is your putting putter. It makes putting practice that much more effective.

McJesus 12-15-2012 06:28 PM

Mostly so if I lose one I have a backup or five.

kaiser flippin 12-15-2012 06:32 PM

get a mold in different stages of wear. a broken in disc will cover a more understable shot, and a fresh version will cover stable to overstable duties.
what discs do you have that you like?

aceshyze 12-15-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaiser flippin (Post 1733291)
get a mold in different stages of wear. a broken in disc will cover a more understable shot, and a fresh version will cover stable to overstable duties.
what discs do you have that you like?

My bag at the moment is Neutron Volt, DX Eagle, Glo Teebird, DX Whippet, Z Wasp, ESP Buzzz, ESP Meteor and Medium Magic

wake911 12-15-2012 06:45 PM

i have a backup for every disc in my bag. I take that extra bag worth of discs to tournaments with me. Nothing worse than loosing your distance driver and not having one in the bag for round 2. Takes you out of your game for sure.

Monkeypaws 12-15-2012 06:59 PM

Wow! I got a lot to learn....

I do have multiple Sharks, Valkyries, and Aviars, that's it, and the Sharks were because I bought 3 to play with my kids years ago, and I found the 2nd Aviar and the 2nd and 3rd Valks.

I am impressed when people post "I bought 3 new whatevers."

bradharris 12-15-2012 07:01 PM

I have multiples of just about everything. There are two main reasons for multiples. First, it makes practice easier. Whether it's field throws or putting, being able to throw multiple times before going to retrieve discs means you get more out of practice. Second, it's always good to have backups just in case.

Bardu 12-15-2012 07:02 PM

I play with few molds, with many multiples copies of each.

I have multiples mostly for practice purposes, since I am still learning.

They are also helpful, as mentioned above, so you can play discs in various stages of wear.

Also, you will learn alot by learning to throw all shots with one mold rather than relying on a disc for each situation.

It would also help with consistency.

bradharris 12-15-2012 07:05 PM

Oh, there's one other reason for multiples. When I find a mold I like, I like to try it in a variety of plastics. I tend to stick mainly to one plastic as my preference for each mold, but it's nice to try the others as well.