Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technique & Strategy (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Spin putting grips (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78278)

hendryxdisc 12-20-2012 07:36 PM

Spin putting grips

I spin put with relative success but I have trouble with the disc wobbling occasionally during my release. I want to know what kind of grips great spin putters use like Eric McCabe or Michael Johansen? I am using the basic fan grip now my index curled around the rim and my other 3 fingers fanned out underneath. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Gennataos 12-20-2012 07:44 PM

When I get wobble it's usually less about my grip and more about having more of a push putt than spin putt, if that makes any sense. Instead of a quick flick of my wrist for the spin, I end up using more arm to push the disc.

smatica 12-27-2012 02:08 PM

I'm pretty sure EM uses the power grip for every shot - he said this in one of his video's. I tried using the power grip for putting but I just don't get the consistency I like so I'm using the fan grip with my index curled just under the rim instead of along the rim. I feel i can keep the disc more stable with the index finder under than outside the rim.

RandyHjr 12-28-2012 05:45 AM

If you are making the putts, let it wobble. most of mine do.

DiscGolfer16022 12-28-2012 06:43 AM

the only time i spin putt is when i am outside of the circle and am doing a step through putt. when inside, straddle or jump i use a push putt. either way i get a little bit of wobble with all of my putts

Jay Dub 12-28-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyHjr (Post 1756533)
If you are making the putts, let it wobble. most of mine do.

I spin putt most times and agree.

But when it is a problem and not going in I find tightening my grip is what fixes the problem. When I putt I now have a 4 item check list in my head, a good grip is one of those four.

dashiellx 12-28-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Dub (Post 1756549)
When I putt I now have a 4 item check list in my head, a good grip is one of those four.

Care to share the other three?

Jay Dub 12-28-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dashiellx (Post 1756552)
Care to share the other three?

To go at it, follow thru and keep my chin up. Not always in that order.

chrishysell 12-28-2012 10:01 AM

my thumb creates the grip by putting pressure on the top with the middle finger directly below. My index finger is on the rim. Therefore my magnets get pressure spots on them over time that makes them look like bangers but worse.

JMONEY 02-06-2013 03:34 AM

My Grip: I use my pinky against the inside of the rim with the rest of my fingers fanning, thumb is flat on the top plate with a small portion of my thumb pad as well. For more spin I will move my thumb towards the center of the disc.