Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78312)

dusty5150 12-21-2012 10:05 AM

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread
 
I really think this needs it's own space. Let's bring together questions for MJ and specific Comet talk into one thread.

ps. everyone e-mail Discraft requesting a special edition fly dye esp MJ signature comet!

Streets 12-21-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dusty5150 (Post 1742434)
I really think this needs it's own space. Let's bring together questions for MJ and specific Comet talk into one thread.

ps. everyone e-mail Discraft requesting a special edition fly dye elite ESP MJ signature comet!

Great Idea!

dusty5150 12-21-2012 10:07 AM

and, I'll go first:

I'm looking for an out of the box undestable midrange to replace beat up dx rocs. I've tried an esp meteor and didn't like it. I've thrown an Opto Fuse about 4 times and LOVED it.

Do I need to try a Comet? How does it compare to the Fuse and/or beat up dx rocs?

VictorB 12-21-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dusty5150 (Post 1742440)
and, I'll go first:

I'm looking for an out of the box undestable midrange to replace beat up dx rocs. I've tried an esp meteor and didn't like it. I've thrown an Opto Fuse about 4 times and LOVED it.

Do I need to try a Comet? How does it compare to the Fuse and/or beat up dx rocs?

I can answer this one.

An X Comet is what you're looking for. They are less high speed dependent than a Fuse, making it easier to work lines and hold turnover lines that don't fade out. Much closer to a beat up dx roc than a Fuse.

BigSky 12-21-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dusty5150 (Post 1742440)
...I've thrown an Opto Fuse about 4 times and LOVED it.

Do I need to try a Comet?

If you LOVED an Opto Fuse, why don't you use that? Or you could buy an X Comet like VictorB suggested and see which one you like best. The newer X plastic from Discraft feels really nice and has a bit of grip to it.

Pwingles 12-21-2012 10:30 AM

MJ,

What other hobbies or interests outside of DG do you have if any?

dusty5150 12-21-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSky (Post 1742468)
If you LOVED an Opto Fuse, why don't you use that? Or you could buy an X Comet like VictorB suggested and see which one you like best. The newer X plastic from Discraft feels really nice and has a bit of grip to it.

Sorry, I loved the Fuse for what it was, but it's not the understable disc I'm looking for. I should have elaborated. From what I could tell, the Fuse would be more of a Buzzz, which are like my seasoned rocs. I'm trying to get away from depending on dx rocs in certain stages of wear and the Fuse will likely make it there, but not for what I think the Comet might be an answer for.

mj20300 12-21-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dusty5150 (Post 1742440)
and, I'll go first:

I'm looking for an out of the box undestable midrange to replace beat up dx rocs. I've tried an esp meteor and didn't like it. I've thrown an Opto Fuse about 4 times and LOVED it.

Do I need to try a Comet? How does it compare to the Fuse and/or beat up dx rocs?

it did replace my beat up rocs and coyotes. It can be a bit finicky to get the hang of at first, the main thing is to throw it nice and easy while learning it. Its a great disc cause it shows the flaws in your throw really well

mj20300 12-21-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pwingles (Post 1742485)
MJ,

What other hobbies or interests outside of DG do you have if any?

lets see all sorts, i enjoy playing cards, play paintball some in the winter, i enjoy ball golf, those are the more active ones besides playing with my dog. :thmbup:

mj20300 12-21-2012 10:33 AM

i also say in choosing discs, if you find one that fits what you like to do, throw it!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.