Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bag Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   My Grip bag.... (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78690)

ill4mation 12-27-2012 12:26 AM

My Grip bag....

I have been playing a LONG time. I mainly throw RHBH but if there is a 200-250 ft shot that I need a forehand I can pull that off too. Im 39 with no physical ailments and throw max about 350ft.

My other distances are:

Putters 225-250
Mids 250-300
Max 300-350

My bag:

11X Firebird 173g- Windy days and HARD hyzers. Utility disc.
Champ Beast 164g- Max D and Long hyzers. I dont have big enough hands
for the bigger wings so this feels awesome.
12X Champ Teebird (Totem) 175g- Shorter hyzers in the 275-320 range.
11X Champ Teebird 171g- Hyzer flips to straight and ALWAYS finishes left.
DX Teebird 175g- Breaking in to turnover.
DX Teebird175g - Beat and flippy. Hyzer flip city with this one out to 325 ft
Star Valk 172g- Hyzer flips and long turnovers with flex.
Star Valk 169g- Hyzer flips and will hold it to the ground.
4X Kenny Glow Roc- OVERSTABLE midrange, windy shots out to 280ft.
Proto Star Champ Roc 180g- Straight and finishes left EVERY time.
DX Roc 180g- Breaking in to hyzer flip. Good out to 300 ft or so.
DX Roc 180g- Hyzer flips and STRAIGHT shots out to 300ish ft.
DX Roc BB 180g- Hyzer flips to straight with a small fade. 300ish feet.
DX Roc 176g- Flippy, beat, Roc.
KC Aviar 175g- hyzer and wind approaches. Good out to 275ish.
KC Avair 171g- Hyzer flips and turnover approaches.
2X P2 putter- 2 for putting practice, I Only putt with these.

Im pretty sure I have everything covered but I always appreciate a 2nd opinion. Have at it. I am going to be adding heavier beast for those windy days. I think the Beast is a underrated disc myself.

notroman 12-27-2012 12:49 AM

I like your bag. It's pretty simple and I believe you can cover a majority of the shots with what's in it. I can see myself playing a round with that bag.

techn9cian4life 12-27-2012 01:11 AM

I like that your highest speed drivers are a Beast and Valkyrie since you say you max out at 350'. It's obvious you know what discs work for you, and you stick with em. Which is awesome. I wouldn't change a damn thing. I agree that the Beast is underrated. I used to have a fairly beat-in pro that I used for 350'-375' straight as an arrow holes. Loved it til my bag got stolen earlier this year. Now I use a beat in SWR star Wraith for those shots.

Scared_Discless 12-27-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ill4mation (Post 1754951)
I am going to be adding heavier beast for those windy days. I think the Beast is a underrated disc myself.

I don't necessarily agree - the new mold Beasts will flip in firm a headwind. However, if you're getting an old mold beast then you would have a Beast that can hold a line on windy days.

That said, if you didn't want to add another OOP disc to your bag, then you may want to look for an Orc, which is pretty similar to the old mold beast.

SteezeOG 12-27-2012 09:47 AM

Bag is very solid and suits you I'd say. Now just work on not being a Panthers fan and you should be fine.

VictorB 12-27-2012 11:36 AM

I think at your distances you'd benefit quite a lot from using lighter Rocs.

Try the 170-175 range for most of them - except your heavy wind beater mid - and you'll probably get better distance and accuracy with a little less effort.

Once you start pushing them out over 350', then it really becomes a necessity to carry max weight.

ill4mation 12-27-2012 07:19 PM

The beast in my bag is newer mold and I don't have a problem with it being too flippy, then again I hyzer flip almost everything. I may try a heavier star beast also. Im just trying to get away from oop and hard to replace discs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scared_Discless (Post 1755213)
I don't necessarily agree - the new mold Beasts will flip in firm a headwind. However, if you're getting an old mold beast then you would have a Beast that can hold a line on windy days.

That said, if you didn't want to add another OOP disc to your bag, then you may want to look for an Orc, which is pretty similar to the old mold beast.

ill4mation 12-27-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteezeOG (Post 1755250)
Bag is very solid and suits you I'd say. Now just work on not being a Panthers fan and you should be fine.

Gotta support the hometown team. TBH, Im a hockey fan but since they are in a lockout, Ill go with the Panthers. Ill be honest, if Cam Newton played on any other team I wouldnt like him.

SteezeOG 12-27-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ill4mation (Post 1756363)
Gotta support the hometown team. TBH, Im a hockey fan but since they are in a lockout, Ill go with the Panthers. Ill be honest, if Cam Newton played on any other team I wouldnt like him.

In a few years when Cam is washed out of the league he will be great in a role on daytime TV. He cries like no man I've ever seen.

ill4mation 12-27-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteezeOG (Post 1756390)
In a few years when Cam is washed out of the league he will be great in a role on daytime TV. He cries like no man I've ever seen.

He definitely has his UPS and DOWNS. We need a hard nosed coach who wont put up with that. Rivera is not it, Bring in Cowher please.